Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowbombing 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi just considering giving this a go http://www.snowbombing.com in mayrhofen! looks like a crazy week and right up my street!

anyone going or been???

looking like its in April though... is that a bit of a risk if I do manage to get any skiing in???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife and I went in April 2010. This was mainly for the benefit of our student son who needed a good excuse to ski with his aged parents. There was plenty of snow then, and the skiing was excellent. You can get to the entire Zillertal very easily and there is plenty of high piste. I'm told, music wise, that it is really a DJ festival and there was not much for a rock fan.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 on that. It's more a music festival that's out in the Alps. Appeals a lot to newbies to the sport, many of whom will spend very little time on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just had an enquiry about Mayrhofen for that time of year and it would seem snow is rarely a problem as the Hintertux glacier is apparently amazingly snowsure and is on the lift pass... Mayrhofen poor, take the free bus to Hintertux Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I went a few years ago and we had a few days of warm spring conditions, then a big dump of snow. Most years have seen great snow conditions although I think one year was a bit too warm and the busy pistes were a little worse for wear. As others have said, if the snow is not looking great then you can head to the glacier or other, less busy areas covered by the pass.

As most people in Mayrhofen that week are there for snowbombing, the slopes are not too busy in the mornings! The ski pass covers a huge area that most snowbombers do not make much use of. The Penken area of slopes tends to get busy in the afternoon and there can be a queue to get the last gondola back down to town from there.

The atmosphere is great, lots of live music up on the hill and in the town. Lots of random happenings, fancy dress and festival feel. It is more DJs than rock bands, although there is usually quite a few events going on at different venues each evening, so you can decide which you would prefer.

I basically skied all day, had a nap before dinner, then went to gigs at night. I tried to be in bed by about 2am so I could ski the next day, but it was sometimes hard to drag myself away! I came home very tired and needing a holdiay.

I would say, go for it! It is good value for money too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

Can anyone get me the low down on these wrist bands for the festival ?

I have booked up my stag do for the SB for that week but wanted the full week rather than just the 4 days and found nicer accommodation with brekkie etc at a good price going through Nielsons, cut a long story short, i am now finding out that to get in anywhere we are going to need a wrist band which are only available through SB site its self and will only be sold with accommodation ???!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Can someone tell me is it easy to get tickets for a gig on the door when there ? Can we buy wrist bands when we get there ? are there touts selling tickets in the resort ? can you sneak in ?

Basiclly before i go changing all my booking can anyone that has been before tell me if me and 18 mates are gonna look like out casts if we dont get these wrist bands ? Love my boarding but was hoping to down down and dirty a couple of nights and do bars / clubs etc but what im reading is the whole resort is locked down with SB and with out these wrist bands your be walking around on the wrong side of the fence for all parties and will be a waste of money by not getting these WB ??

help !!!!! Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
number1barginboy, I went to Snowbombing in 2008 and 2009, back then you could purchase wrist bands in resort. Snowbombing set up their HQ in the Strauss hotel, which is right next to the Penken lift, so that's where you'd need to head to.

Definitely get a wrist band; even if you only make use of it for one or two nights it will be worth it, the events are amazing and getting bigger and better still. The forest party on the Friday night is absolutely superb. Maybe worth your while sending Snowbombing an email to try and book up, so you don't have any trouble when you're out there? Also, an event that costs a little extra but is absolutely well worth it is the Arctic Disco; a party at the top of the mountain in the evening in igloos. But you do have to book up early for that one as it's limited numbers and sells out quickly.

Edit to add: you can't buy tickets for single events, its wristband or nothing. You won't be able to sneak in or anything like that, its a properly well run festival. And because it's wristband only you probably won't see any touts, I certainly never did in the two years I was there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowbombing is an awesome festival and we really enjoyed when the tour came to Morzine last winter. But there's a new festival on the circuit this season - the Basscamp Festival in Morzine - check out their website - www.basscamp-festival.com
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy