Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need advice from coaches re insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can any of our esteemed coaches clarify this problem.

We wish to use a qualified SSE coach to come and take a session at our slope. The slope are under the impression that the SSE insurance does not cover the coach to take 'sessions' is this right??

how do peeps such as Philbo manage in say Landgraaf?? do you have seperate insurance??

any advice/help much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iskar, Why not email SSE to get a copy of the insurance schedule.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have, thyeve been great, just wanted a 'hands on' take from it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a couple of answers here.

Your club (I assume that it's a club) or slope can have the coach covered on their insurance, if the company they use will allow them to.

The coach can have their own insurance to cover liability etc.

As long as they are working within the remit of their qualification (this will depend on what level they are) the SSE policy should cover them.

You just say a qualified SSE coach - What level of qualification, as they will need to be working within the remit of their qualification to be covered by either your club, their own SSE insurance or their own separate insurance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iskar, I don't see why the SSE insurance would not cover them to work with you. SSE Coaches do work at slopes other than their 'own' although Philbo's comment regarding working within the remit of their qualification obviously stands.

It's maybe that your slope perhaps has insurance issues and\or would prefer you to use the their instructors rather than an outsider.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are coaches out there working outside the remit of the qualification that they hold. Personally, I wouldn't be too confident in this.

If there were ever a court case and the body with which the coach is registered give their opinion, I imagine that any additional liability insurance could be void.

In my opinion, Insurance is usually quoted as a reason when the comment below is actually closer to the truth.
Quote:

It's maybe that your slope perhaps has insurance issues and\or would prefer you to use the their instructors rather than an outsider.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the replies, level 3 performance coach, apparently there was a problem with some wording with the SSE ins!! its all sorted now, after it was cleared up with SSE insurers!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
iskar, ha ha. It's funny, I found a fairly serious 'miss print' in another Instructor associations insurance last November. The Insurer corrected it but I do wonder how a it could have affected a claim.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy