Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Route Please?! (morgins to morzine)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear fellow skibums,

I'm staying in Morgins for a few days early Feb and then joining friends in Morzine for a few days.
It seems ridiculous to consider any other method of transport other than skiing so am after some advice on a route to get me from Morgins to Morzine.

I've perused some piste maps but it is rather hard to judge some links between the lifts.

I would love the 'best route' but will have my bag so will happilly suffer the 'easiest' route!

Any help would be really appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read my request!

All the best, Simon
P.s it doesn't matter how difficult or easy the runs are, I just need to get there!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ask this man: http://daveburrowswrites.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MrSybs, You will need to make your way along the valley via Champoussin and Les Crosets. Then take the Mossette chair which will then allow you to ski down towards Avoriaz, just follow the signs. From Avoriaz you can ski towards Morzine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MrSybs, geepee's route works and is the best bet if you want to get some skiing in. Possibly depends how big your bag is - you could go over to Chatel (ski or road) and then get the bus to Pre La Joux. From there its up two lifts and ski down to Lindarets (blue run) then down the gondola to Montriond and bus to Morzine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrSybs, Are you going with Skimorgins? I am going back there next week. Last year we had a fantastic guide 'Micheal'. I will ask him, and let you know when I get back.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MrSybs, Lots of T-bars/buttons to negotiate if you go through Champossin which might be unpleasant with a big bag but probably the best route if you want to ski all the way. I reckon it would take 2-3 hours to ski the whole way via Champoussin/Crosets/Mosettes/Lindarets/Avoriaz.

As DJL mentions you could get a bus to Chatel and go up Linga or carry on to Pre La Joux and start from there where 4 or 5 decent lifts will get you to Morzine pretty quickly.

Once you get to Avoriaz, you can either ski down to the Super Morzine bubble (1 more lift and quite flat most of the way and then you have to get the bubble down) or ski down through Avoriaz to Prodain where the regular ski bus will take you to Morzine in about 10 mins - can also get the Cable Car down from Avoriaz.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MrSybs, fgenerally agree with frankm, except you will only need one T-bar in Champoussin... take the chair from Morgins to Foilleuse, ski down to the bottom of the Sepaya t-bar in Champoussin, from the top of that ski to the chair lift, by the time you have skied in Morgins for a few days all this should be straightforward.

From the top of that chair, ski down to the old Point De l'Au chair, and from the top of that, ski down to the Mossettes chair in Les Crosets.

At the top of that you are in France and can ski to Avoriaz and on to Morzine as frankm, says. You can avoid one long flat bit between Avoriaz and Morzine by taking one more button lift. Or if you have a big backpack, get the Prodains cable car down and then take the bus. I have skied from Champoussin to Les Gets in under two hours without rushing, but there were no queues (March) and I wasn't carrying a back pack!

Or you can get the "other" chair out of Morgins going the other way, then from memory there is a button, maybe two, and then you can ski down into Chatel, get the bus to Linga, then up and over into Avoriaz from there, and so on.

Either way have fun and enjoy the journey.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
youngeratheart wrote:
MrSybs, Are you going with Skimorgins? I am going back there next week. Last year we had a fantastic guide 'Micheal'. I will ask him, and let you know when I get back.

Thats extremely kind of you that would be fantastic! I shall await your return and have fun! But dont worry if you have such fun that you forget to ask! cheers
simon
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry for my absence in reply...its been a busy start to the year for me. THanks for all your suggestions, what a helpful bunch you are!
Ideally I'd prefer to ski as much as I can without copping out with busses but if needs must I don't mind. I have a North Face Roller ski bag with a shoulder strap to have diagonally across my back...hopefully it should be relatively empty as I'll be wearing most of its contents! Therefore a T-bar could be interesting...

I haven't learnt the areas too well yet so I'll look into all your suggestions when my piste maps arrives and I can see the names of the lifts you mention etc. I shall get back to you, and thank you so much. I really appreciate it! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
youngeratheart wrote:

...and No I'm not going with skimorgins...a friend of a firend owns a chalet (cowshed) so I'm just making my won way there (swiss air baby - no ski carry charge and £100 return LHR-GVA) then getting the train to somewhere near Morgins. I havent been on a package holiday for years...not sure why?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MrSybs, You can get to Morgins from GVA by train to Aigle, little train to Troistorrents and bus to Morgins. Hopefully new snow by Feb because some of the suggestions above won't work at present - a few bits of the PDS are so short of snow that links are shut (e.g. can't do Morgins to Chatel by ski and I think Champoussin to Les Crosets is a bus job). Keep posting and I'm sure the guys will give you up to date info.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can check on current lift operation on this website www.telemorgins.ch , its a bit basic, and you need to understand French, but click on "menu", then "informations generales", then "situations des ouvertures/fermetures CLCF" and there is a good map which shows the position, also hover your mouse over the webcam symbols and they will open up. Looks pretty grim/foggy today but seems there has been some snow overnight

The link betwen Champousiin and Les Crosets seems to be open today but DJL is right in that the links haven't been brilliant, so do check before setting off
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DJL wrote:
MrSybs, You can get to Morgins from GVA by train to Aigle, little train to Troistorrents and bus to Morgins. Hopefully new snow by Feb because some of the suggestions above won't work at present - a few bits of the PDS are so short of snow that links are shut (e.g. can't do Morgins to Chatel by ski and I think Champoussin to Les Crosets is a bus job). Keep posting and I'm sure the guys will give you up to date info.

Thanks for the heads up DJL, i hope a few more weeks will mean a lot more snow! fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sanman wrote:
You can check on current lift operation on this website www.telemorgins.ch , its a bit basic, and you need to understand French, but click on "menu", then "informations generales", then "situations des ouvertures/fermetures CLCF" and there is a good map which shows the position, also hover your mouse over the webcam symbols and they will open up. Looks pretty grim/foggy today but seems there has been some snow overnight

The link betwen Champousiin and Les Crosets seems to be open today but DJL is right in that the links haven't been brilliant, so do check before setting off

Good stuff Sanman, I'll check it out...good work
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy