Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost Passport...

Poster: A snowHead
Mac22. The Citizen's Advice Bureau suggests:

"The Premium same-day service is not available to people applying for a passport for the first time, or applying for an extension of their passports or for people whose passports have been lost, stolen or damaged."

Which rather seems to rule out anything other than just renewing a passport which is about to expire.

Because of concerns about identity theft, selling of passports, crime and terrorism there are now much stricter checks and controls on issuing passports (which means issuing them within a day is much trickier). So it may not be straightforward.

I imagine your girlfriend would need to be able to convince them that she was not simply claiming to have lost her passport having sold it (or failed to look after it). The problem is that someone who had just sold it and was now trying to claim another one would probably sound quite similar to someone who had lost it or got it stolen.

I'd suggest your best chance would be to have as much supporting documentation as possible and handle it very cooly (as if there is a chance, it will quite probably be down to the person she is speaking to to decide to offer discretion).

Hope it turns out ok.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nozawaonsen wrote:
Mac22. The Citizen's Advice Bureau suggests:

"The Premium same-day service is not available to people applying for a passport for the first time, or applying for an extension of their passports or for people whose passports have been lost, stolen or damaged."

Which rather seems to rule out anything other than just renewing a passport which is about to expire

Yeah, I had read all of this on their site.

Its just the fact that the guy on the phone said "if they decide" to allow the 1 day option etc etc. This makes me think that it is possible to do
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fingers crossed Mac22, do let us know how you get on..... Just take a bucket load of ID , payslips , bank statements , licences , utility bills , anything with photo id - work id card etc etc etc. Proof of old and new adresses.Photographs signed on back and a supporting statement from one of the responsible types on the list - pref on headed paper saying it's her etc etc etc.... Sorry if all thought of already....

I found my 'lost' passport in my ski jacket pocket......

Other suggestions .... car glove box , work office drawer, with other documents , at her parents , in friend car or holiday bag went away with last...... With annual hol insurance paperwork ....Any where you keep things 'safe' - if it's you that's got it and you go without her..... hmmmm well.... Skullie
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, tomorrow is D-day.

Appointment is at 9am so by noon should know if I'm Les Menuires bound or not.

Decided not to throw away a 5 year relationship and go without the girlfriend..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mac22, Good luck.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had the same issue the week before 30 of us were due to fly out for my grandmothers suprise 70th (my mum has the passports as we'd just spent the weekend before in Dublin and her bag was pinched). I went to Glasgow and managed to get it the same day - I would tell your girlfriend to turn on the tears and you to polish the credit card.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mac22, I managed to get a new passport on the day when the telephone people who made the appointment stated it would take 3 days. I needed a second passport for work and was told that they are treated as a first passport application. Got to the office behind Victoria and the guy offered me the same day service at the window when you hand over the forms. Think it will also be a positive that you have an early appointment. Good luck.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buy a cheap ring and box.... have a quite word with the guy before hand saying you were going to propose on holiday Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mac22, Good luck .....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
daehwons wrote:
buy a cheap ring and box.... have a quite word with the guy before hand saying you were going to propose on holiday Shocked

Ha, love it!

But if the gf stumbles across the ring..?

I think we are going with the 'Family Wedding' scenario! Not completely untrue as we went to Saint Martin last year for a wedding... Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

But if the gf fumbles with your ring

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SUCCESS!!!

The missus went to the Durham office this morning, 4 hours service and received her passport at 1pm! God bless the Durham passport office!

Right, now off to Les Menuires!!!

On a side note, the passport website states:

1) replacments cannot be done same day ----> Bull
2) You need your birth certificate or ID card etc etc ----> Nope, all they wanted was the form... didn't even ask for ID (slightly worrying)

Anywhooo, we're off to Les Menuires! If anyone is there next week, drinks on me... actually no, the gf will get them in!

Very Happy x 100
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mac22, assume they will already have all of the information about your partner on the computer system. You can apply for a new driving licence online. and you don't need any ID or photo , they get it from your passport details on their system.

Glad they're a friendly bunch though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MAC22

Quote:

2) You need your birth certificate or ID card etc etc ----> Nope, all they wanted was the form... didn't even ask for ID (slightly worrying)

Quite worrying. Are you sure it's her ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good result at least.

This is why you have to send 2 photos in, they scan one and destroy it in making the digital impression on your passport. The signed one is kept on file. So they would be able to id her from the file photo.

Now to the airport......

Have a good one....
latest report
Mac22, I will be in LM this coming week too...

Have you seen the weather forecast?! Shocked
snow report
Jamster wrote:
Mac22, I will be in LM this coming week too...

Have you seen the weather forecast?! Shocked

No, how bad is it..?
ski holidays
Quote:

No, how bad is it..?

It looks good; loads of snow up there. Have a great holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
Its the governments new policy of tell us once..................

Mac22, glad its sorted for you..........we are all a friendly bunch in Durham Laughing
ski holidays
Durham is my new favourite place... in England... well, in the North East... below the Tyne...
snow report
Mac22, Excellent news,
ski holidays
Mac22, Hurrah !
snow conditions
Mac22
Absolutely delighted for you! A couple of years ago, my mother aged 80+ found out that her passport had expired 2 days before a foreign holiday. I rang Durham to sort it and have to say that their next day appointment service and customer friendly approach was absolutely first class - a credit to the public sector in fact.

Have a great ski! We're in Espace Killy the same week Little Angel .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy