Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me cheap self catering accom in La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Having never been skiing before I have booked my flights for my first trip.

It will just be me and my wife, we are looking to head to La Clusaz in the 3rd week in March, we are after a cheap and cheerful no frills 1 bed, or studio place to stay in. Fairly central to everything as we won't have a car with us.

Can anyone point us in the right direction of anything that may be useful? I have been scouring the internet for hours, struggling to remember what I learnt in my french lessons at school, and everytime I think I have found somewhere it turns out to be booked or 20k from the town.

All other google roads lead to here so I thought it might be worth an ask.

Thanks
Steve
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried the central reservations website? Never been to la Clusaz and no idea where the apartments are but a quick search brings up 69 studio/1 bed apartments for that week.
http://www.laclusaz.com/hiver-winter11/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
steve11280, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Any special reason why you've plumped for La Clusaz? Not that it's not a nice place, but it's not the most straightforward for a first trip either, especially for a DIY holiday if you want to rent from private owners and don't speak much French. what are your exact dates? The site linked by wildnoon, should give you everything you need, and the busy French school hols end on 13 March, so there should be enough available.

The key bit of geography is to identify where your ski lessons meeting place will be (might be up a lift) and then focus your accommodation search on places within easy walking distance (couple of hundred yards max, if possible). If it's a bit more of a trek into town in the evenings, no matter. Walking in ski boots is absolutely no fun but an evening walk in comfy boots is most pleasant.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

This post is probably too late, but my family stayed in Saint Jean de sixt this year and it was great, very pretty and great for skiing in La Garnd Bonand and La Clusaz. The accommodation was great, unsure of the name but will pos back if it returns to me
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy