Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian police team-up to fight ski theft

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Austria, last season, ski theft was up by about 6% and snowboard theft by about 14% compared to the 2008/9 season. Overall, 4,576 pairs of skis and 838 snowboards were stolen. Thefts were highest in Tyrol, with Salzburg having the second-highest rate....Now, police officers from Carinthia are supporting their colleagues in Tyrol to fight the growing number of ski and snowboard thefts.
Source: http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2010-12-29/29416/Police_up_ski_theft_focus
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although I have absolutely no evidence to back it up, an allegedly indisputable fact was ventured to me last season that a greater incidence of ski thefts can be related to an increased number of Eastern European visitors in certain weeks. Apparently the main component of the statistic is stolen (as in not returned) hire skis as opposed to theft of skis from the mountain.

It was explained to me that it is a throwback to communist times where taking anything that wasn't bolted down was considered fair game?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
my pal had his brand new rossi r11 mutix nicked on the first day in st Anton te police said then there was an bunch of guys from a well known bar there stealing the ski gear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robboj, happy birthday! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robboj, Happy Birthday!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, Would be intresting to see the statistics behind the thefts, especially as one of the previous threads on the topic eluded to rental shops stealing their own skis and charging customers.!

- How many are non rentals stolen

- How many are rental stolen

- Locations for theft (Does drink play an influlence leaving kit behind or stealing them when you have a few on ya)

-
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I lost a pair of skis last season... but I think they were considered as 'fair game'....

After rounding up all of our gear I forgot to get my own skis from outside the bar... then we had load sof fresh so I was skiing on my off-piste jobbies... then when I went to look for my piste skis about a week ish later I couldn't find them!... worked out I left them behind!

We also had a guest that registered a pair of skis 'stolen'... the plonker picked up a pair of 150 skis (because they were orange), shoved them in the van... next morning couldn't find 'his' skis (rentals) in the car. Needless to say his real pair were gone from the ski rack the next morning.

So by him nicking someones skis his got nicked!... Karma!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year I saw a group lads skiing off the mountain above Bad Hofgastein. They were in a hurry and one of them had a pair of skis over his shoulder. I was on the lift at the time and thought they'd either nicked them, or their mate was on the stretcher ... I gave them the benefit of the doubt. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski instructors tend to mix up their skis with each other and spread them. So when thieves pick up a pair, they are odd ones and leave them behind. That's the theory anyway. I still put a basic cable around mine to avoid theft. A competent thief will defeat it very quickly but it reduces the mistakes like flangesax, mentions and the opportunistic sods out there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy