Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation in the French alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey! I'm soon off to spend the season in the French alps. Most likely Val D'isere but also Val Thorens and Chamonix are of interest.

I am now looking for people to share accommodation with and would be happy to find space in an apartment, I do not take that much room Smile
Also I would be very grateful for any advice for accommodation in Val D'isere or other ski resorts in France.

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helenas, welcome to snowheads. snowHead You could have a look at this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=71297#1678615
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deleted

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 30-06-12 19:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

If you want to stay somewhere cheap (ish) and get food, etc you could try the chalet Chardons in Tignes. There are options for long stayers but be warned it is cheap for a reason, don't be expecting the Ritz!!!

www.chaletchardons.com/

Enjoy,

Rob
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helenas, I might be able to help you, please get in touch through my profile!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi,

had a look at chalet chardons how long does it take to get to val disere and how much in a taxi ect. i wanted to stop in val need hostol type accommodation (cheap) only for a week or two.any ideas any one??????????????????????
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Tignes Les Breviere? Hour plus to ski it. Taxi wouldn't be cheap at all, 40 euros perhaps more at night.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it depends what you want to do. If you want to ski Val D’Isere and you are a decent skier then there is no problem with being in on the far side of the mountain. It’s a bit of a trek across but once you do it a couple of times you can relax and just enjoy. Okay you do need to be mindful of the time so you do not get caught out and stuck in the wrong resort but its not really a problem. What you cannot do is hang out in Val D’Isere in the evening unless you are willing to pay out for an expensive cab back to Tignes Les Breviere. Val is £££ but you can get lucky, try UCPA.

Transfers via Bens Bus are about 3.5 hours to 4 hours and cost £69 - £79 just google it. I find a transfer essential as the public transport is a lot of hassle if you have all your gear with you. I cannot say that the Chalet Chardon is great but it is okay and cheap! What I really like is that the village is not a resort it is a nice village and that appeals to me. I am spending four days there from the 29th Jan followed by three with a friend in Val D’Isere
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you go to Chamonix, you could do a lot worse than Gite le Vagabond. 6 of us stayed there last year and we were very pleased with it and most importantly, it was very reasonable. Bus stop is about 500m away. Closest lift is walkable (uphill) about 1km. Nightlife about 500m away, but it has a nice bar in house.
Trust me, you will not be sorry, and no, I have no business interest in them!! Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have looked in to the ucpa and they look ok.I think I mite stop at val as I want to go out round there. But I do like the villages more. Thanks for your help. Have you stopped at the ucpa are they ok I'm 23 and don't mind the sharing?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't just drop in at any of these places or you may find yourself literally out in the cold! You need to book, and UCPA may not take you for less than a week. Sharing is fine at UCPA, I found it useful in finding ski buddies when I was on my own.

Not really relevant but at the UCPA in Argentière I had a very interesting experience. The shower room was mixed sex with closed shower areas. I emerged from my shower area wearing a towel, at the same time so did a very hot French girl. I then stood at the sink shaving and trying not to cut my own throat...why? Well, like me she had her towel round her waist. I never saw her again and I looked!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy