Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Gardena and the Sella Ronda?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm interested in a weeks holiday probably in Selva having heard good things and loving the look of the Val Gardena lift maps. But I'm a little confused.

Does the Val Gardena lift pass cover all lifts on the sella ronda?

Is it worth getting the Dolomite superski pass for a week for a good intermediate (Val Gardena looks pretty big!)

If I were not to stay in one of the other areas on the circute say Arrabba which pass would I need then?

Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would definately get the Superski pass-it's a massive ski area and a good intermediate will want to access all areas.There are lots of day trips you can take on the Sella Ronda from each area ie Hidden Valley,etc
Iain
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jakemanc, you can't do the Sella Ronda without a Superski pass as you leave Val Gardena and pass through Alta Badia, Arabba/Marmolada and Val di Fassa areas.

I would recommend a good intermediate to spend the little bit extra (€15-€17 on a 6 day pass) and get the Superski pass as you will be able to make the most all the available skiing, you'll be blown away by how far you can travel on skis! Marmolada, Hidden Valley, Cinque Torri all become possible.

There is in theory enough (175km is claimed) to keep you occupied in Val Gardena, but a lot is up on the Alpe di Siusi which is very tame and gets a bit too much sun. Maybe if you were staying down in Ortisei, it might make sense to stick with the Val Gardena pass, as you have easy access to the Alpe di Siusi and Seceda and it's a trek up the valley to get over to the other valleys. But from Selva it's so easy, one gondola ride and you can ski down to Colfosco and Corvara in Alta Badia.

If you stay in Arabba, I would also say get the Superski, as there's even less km on the local pass.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jakemanc, I found this nice little photo tour of some of what's available on the Superski pass:

http://www.satoshi.de/skiing/sella_ronda/index.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jakemanc, another vote for getting the Dolomiti Superski pass - as a good intermediate you'll def want to get out and explore the other areas linked around the Sella Ronda.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val Gardena is one of the 12 areas of Dolomites. The Dolomites Super ski pass covers the entire 12 areas.

A skier can purchase only one local area and stay within that area. The Val Gardena pass covers Santa Cristina as well as Ortisei (which includes Alps Du Siusi). It has its own loop big enough to ski the wholw day round it.

Sella Ronda is formed by linking 4 separated areas of Val Gardena, Alta Badia, Arabba and Canazei so a Super ski pass is required.

Depending on the area I seem to remember the day pass of a Super Ski was only 1.5 Euro more expensive than skiing Cortina D'Ampezzo.

The Super Ski Pass also covers the shuttle buses between areas which exist at leaste between Kronplatz and Alta Badia, Arabba and Civetta. It is probably one of the cheapest ski passes per number of lifts or per km piste.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, it seems like a no brainer, the superski it is. The resort/s and pics look fantastic hope to be there soon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off in January with my daughter, she will be in ski school in the mornings and with me in the afternoon. I was wondering about getting only the Val Gardena pass for her and doing an upgrade on a daily basis for when we have time to do the Sella Ronda. Do daily extensions exist or should I get here a Dolomite Super Ski Pass?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevew, it's €15 (€10 for a junior) extra in January (after the 9th). It might be tricky to do the Sella Ronda after ski school in the afternoon unless you go quickly with no stops (please don't get caught in the wrong valley when the lifts close), but you may want to stray out of the valley to Colfosco and the Edelweiss valley or across to Belvedere above Canazei. Only you can decide whether it's worth saving €10-15 and not have the possibility, perhaps depends on daughter's ability. AFAIK you can't do a daily upgrade.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi, thanks for that - really helpful. Hannah has a day without ski school at the end of the holiday so I was thinking of doing it them with her is she's up for it, hopefully I'll be able to have done it before then to make out there are no surprises.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevew, the Sella Ronda is all blues and reds, I did it on my 3rd week on skis, tired but satisfied.

Most people agree that the clockwise route is marginally more difficult because of a steep red pitch off the Porta Vescovo above Arabba that gets busy and cut up as the day progresses.

If Hannah can parallel and cope with the steepness of the reds off the Ciampinoi above Selva and has stamina for 26km of skiing, she'll be OK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy