Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Copper Mountain, Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
I have the chance to go to Copper Mountain for 2 weeks at the beginning of March 2006, any info about the resort, ski area, nightlife, etc would be appreciated.

Also, doesn't seem too far from Vail or Breckenridge (on the map), how practical is it to travel to these resorts each day, either by public transport or hired car?

AW
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlpineWalker, be sure to contact ssh, it is his home hill!

Eminently practical by hired car. Feel free to include Keystone and Arapahoe Basin, and, as we found out this year, Eldora and Loveland if the storm comes from the south!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineWalker, hire a car to go to Breck or Vail. Copper is a nice mountain, with some good bowls and a few steeper bits. Go to Vail and Breck, and, as an experience, also go to Beaver Creek, although it is a bit further than Vail, it is WELL WORTH IT.
Here's some photos I took on my mobile this year in Vail, BC and Copper.

http://www.wtfh.com/4616/7901.html

Oh and the bar at Copper base where we stopped at 10.30am on day 4 does great Irish Coffees, which are excellent on really cold days... Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think your get bored with 2 weeks in Copper. I have stopped off there a couple of times on route to Aspen . The main Interstate swoops past the base of the resort. Nightlife is very limited.

IMHO i would by-pass and go to Break,Vail or Aspen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, Entirely agree with you. When I was in Colorado about 5 years ago the Breckenridge ski-pass included Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapahoe Basin, and I am not entirely sure but possibly Winter Park. At that time Copper Mountain was not included in the pass as the people who run Vail etc. are a different outfit to those that run Copper Mountain. This IMHO makes the Vail resorts better value for money.

Why not hire a car (presumably from Denver) and a do twin-centre holiday. You will be able to ski at least 4 or more of the Vail resorts, plus a day at Copper Mountain on of course a wink separate ski-pass though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Copper and Winter Park used to be on shared tickets, I'm not sure if they still are.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Copper Mountain and Winter Park are both owned by Intrawest so I would expect some link on lift tickets.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for all the info & suggestions, still awaiting confirmation that we're going, probably 4 of us
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Copper Mtn looks a bit small for 2 weeks, but Vail and Breckenridge (Keystone) are easytrips, so you'll keep yourself amused no problem.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 13-06-05 11:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Copper to Breckenridge is easy by public transport - which if I remember rightly is free (or at least it was 8 or 9 years ago when I was last there!). I actually like Copper as a mountain (can't comment much on the village because it's been redeveloped a lot since I was last there) as it's very conveniently laid out with the easiest runs on the right hand side (as you stand at the bottom with your back to village looking up), getting gradually more difficult as you work across to the left. That tends to mean the people stick to the runs of the right standard for them, so you don't get too many people accidentally straying onto stuff they can't handle, and you don't get flat tracks to interrupt the more interesting stuff on the tougher side of the mountain.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm booked up, with 3 friends, to go out on 4th March for 11 nights - woohoo! my first trip to America.

Colorado is in the US isn't it Puzzled

just kidding!

Excited isn't the word, I'm like a 16 year old on his first date......
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just had a thought, my skiing to date has been on piste, will I be able to sign up for some off-piste instruction while I'm there? any recommendations?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can find out all about it on the website

http://www.coppercolorado.com/index.htm

and you can use this one to get to a list of the other ski resorts in the area.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Recreation/Sports/Winter_Sports/Ski_Areas/By_Region/U_S__States/Colorado/Complete_List/

If this is the first time you have been to the States, take it from me you can do everything on the web or by email ie carhire, tickets, lessons, rentals, whatever.

This link is a good source of local info for cheap tickets etc

http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/

For direct local input post a message on

http://www.epicski.com/

There are loads of Colorado locals on there who will be happy to share their local knowledge with you...some of them post on here as well.

One thing you might want to think about is buying a season pass- the Copper website has this

Season Passes
05/06 Season Passes are now on sale.

Rocky Mountain Super Passes get you unlimited skiing and riding at both Copper and Winter Park all season long. Super Passes are now just $309 for adults, $189 for teens (14-1Cool and $129 for children (6-13).

Copper Season Passes offer unlimited skiing and riding at Copper all season long. Copper Season Passes are now just $249 for adults.

Buy in the spring and receive 2 $25 tickets for friends and family, 2 free parking passes. And if you can choose to pay just $49 now with our spring payment plan option.

DEALS END MAY 22, 2005. CLICK FOR DETAILS AND TO BUY NOW.

Obviously you have missed that date, but if you get in touch and bluff your way forward, they might still sell you one. $309 (no doubt plus tax) is pretty cheap for 7 days skiing in the States, let alone a full season
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
colin, thanks for the info, lots to read up and plan

ps i feel some new ski equipment may be necessary Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm pretty sure that certain U.K based companies are offering FREE SKIING! Shocked ,i.e free lift passes for the duration of the stay.I think Ski Safari, and possibly Ski The American Dream are, a bit after the horse has bolted if you've already booked but may be of interest to otherSnowheads thinking of Copper snowHead .
ski holidays
excitableboy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that certain U.K based companies are offering FREE SKIING! Shocked ,i.e free lift passes for the duration of the stay.I think Ski Safari, and possibly Ski The American Dream are, a bit after the horse has bolted if you've already booked but may be of interest to otherSnowheads thinking of Copper snowHead .

that's part of the deal we got from Crystal - free lift passes Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy