Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Individual lift prices in Morzine/Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We'll be in Morzine next week with our young children and plan to mostly just mess about, not do a lot of serious skiing. As we'll be mostly on the magic carpets in the beginners areas I was thinking that paying individually for any lift trip we take would be a lot cheaper than buying a day(s) pass, but I can't find any information on this online. We were there briefly last year and I think that each lift cost a certain amount of points per trip and that you have to buy a card with a fixed amount of points, but it was quite confusing to figure out at the time so this year I want to be prepared in advance

Does anyone have any experience of this and how it works? And where I might find more info online so I can calculate if this really is the best option for us?

Many thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

You can get Cards with 50 points on it for EUR19 per adult. Each lift varies in points but so you get an idea, just the Pleney bubble is about 13/15 points. So to get up it and back (if you don't want to ski down the home run) would use the majority of your pass. If you want, you could get 5 half consecutive day passes for Morzine Les Gets at 110.20 (includes obligatory hands free pass surcharge) or 6 half consecutive day passes for 131.60. Afull 6 day Morzine/Les Gets pass is EUR154.50.

Hope this helps...

Claire
Mountain Property Management
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MountainPM, lalisa, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Good question, great answer. In some places you can get a variety of points cards - ie different numbers of points. If you can find an old fashioned drag lift serving a nice slope they can sometimes be quite a good buy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can find out how many points each lift costs. I imagine that we will mostly use the drag and the chair nearest the kids "indian village" slopes. I looked on the main Les Gets site, but could not find the answer.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, one 6 year old and one 4 year old) looking for the most economical way to ski. Most of the time will be at the magic carpet area (Grand Cry) with one of the adults heading up for a few big runs from time to time.

Many thanks
JC
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
b]lalisa[/b], Welcome to SH snowHead

this might help: http://en.lesgets.com/snow-ski/prices.html

Alternatively you can call them direct and they can speak good English in need.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks - I found this, but it did not seem to help. Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow.
Cheers
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did anybody manage to find out any more information about the "Cartes a 50 Points"?
I am going to Les Gets on Sunday and have a similar predicament. We are staying at Chavannes so are right at Mappy's area and intend to base ourselves there for the first 2 days with our children who are complete beginners aged 7 and 10. We are unlikely to be able to make full use of a lift pass, certainly at the start of the week, so were just planning to buy daily lift passes towards the end of the week and would like to find out how much we'll be able to do with a 50 points card midweek. I have looked at the Les gets website which I have to say has been a fantastic source of information but just seems to be omitting detail about points payment per lift.
Wiould really appreciate it if Lalisa or JC could share their experience.
Thank you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carolynR3000, Wecome to SH Cool

LG used to provide cheap apsses on Saturdays/changeover day for around 15€ I beleive, so why don't you call them or email direct as they speak English
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i've now returned from Les Gets and have more information. This is a fantastic resort for beginners and mixed groups.
We had the advantage of staying inthe Chavannes area, right on the nuresery slopes. Managed not to pay for passes for dasy 1 and 2 as just used free nursery slopes - kids' first time age 10 and 7. After that we got 2 x 50 points cards (19euros each) which we used as a family on gentle button lift in blue Indian themed area. We then got 5 day passes for the chioldren at 101euros. Surprisingly it was then cheaper for adults to buy 4 day passes plus then buy a Saturday pass for our final day. We were pleased with the cost saving s we made compared with the price we would have paid if we had bought 7 day passes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carolynR3000, If you go again it may be worth looking at Easter. Last time I was there, 7 day adult passes were about €140, but for every adult pass, you got a child pass free. €280 for PdS passes for the whole family...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi - has anyone found a list which shows how many points each lift costs?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JCJCJC, here's one I prepared earlier:

It's last year's but I guess it's good.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's perfect! Many thanks Andy!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JCJCJC, don't forget 10% discount on LG/Morzine pass for family of 4 and that kids will not be limited to magic carpet for long!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks - noted !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy