Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet had to get 36 Passengers for Geneva leave aircraft before take-off!

Poster: A snowHead
planeurge, interesting information, thanks. Always good to hear from an expert.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was one of those who decided after about an hour to get off. We decided to drive and left the airport at about 830ish. We had to wait until all 36 had been offloaded before they would take any of the luggage off. Interestingly when they said the luggage was ready, they also told me they had taken everyone’s suitcases off. Anyway we arrived in resort about 1030.
You may like to know we are now struggling to get any refund from Easyjet, and any compensation. They told us just to log in and claim it back! – Well just logged in and I can not do it. I have now been on the phone for one hour and they are refusing to let me talk to a manager and also say they must have authorisation from the airport to say that I did not travel. Funnily enough the airport told me that they needed authorisation from Easyjet. They have also read me the notes on the booking which clearly say. Passengers involuntarily offloaded from flight, due full refund and compensation.
Look we know how lucky we were to choose to drive as we had our luggage and I feel for all of you, but I thought you might all like to know it is not going well for those who got offloaded as well!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dontflywitheasyjet, I can't see that legally you are due any compensation. You should get a refund, and I don't get the 'authorisation that you did not travel' bit. You should not have been on the final pasenger manifest when the aircraft flew, and easyjet should have a record of that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't somebody say that they asked for volunteers and offered £100? Their Conditions say:
Quote:

6. If you are denied boarding:
easyJet makes every effort to provide seats for people who have a confirmed booking. It is only on rare
occasions that a seat may not be available at check-in on a flight, which operates, for which a passenger has a
confirmed reservation. We shall call first for volunteers to surrender their reservations and such volunteers
shall be entitled to compensation of £100.
You will be entitled to the Re-routing and Reimbursement Options set out in paragraph 2 above.
Additionally, if you are denied boarding against your will, you will be entitled to Compensation as set out in
paragraph 3 above.

Clearly this paragraph must be read as distinguishing between those off-loaded voluntarily (£100), and those offloaded against their will (250Euro). But as the qualification "if you are denied boarding against your will" occurs only in the final sentence, the preceding sentence should be read as applying in either case. So dontflywitheasyjet, you are, on my reading, entitled to Reimbursement per para 2. Para 2 gives a number of choices at the customer's option. But you clearly made your choice at the time, and should therefore get a full refund of the fare as well as the £100. Again it is not explicit, but I would say that would have to be a refund of the Return fare.

I would guess that when the EZ call-centre says they need confirmation from the Airport, they mean from their own staff at the airport. I don't think the Airport Operator has any role in this. I had a similar claim for a refund recently (a re-scheduled flight, so compensation did not come into it), and I very quickly decided not to deal with the call-centre, because it was likely to cost me as much in telephone charges as the refund was worth. I simply kept up a stream of e-mails to them, and they eventually refunded my fare.

[Opinion offered without any claim to relevant expertise.]
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
planeurge, of course they were not denied boarding since they were on the plane; hence they had boarded. They were denied being flown once on board, but you don't say that the Ts&Cs don't cover that .............. Madeye-Smiley

I'll get my coat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wasn't there a comedy sketch once about holidaymakers getting on a plane that didn't go anywhere? It just shook and rumbled, and after a couple of hours everybody got off, and the local staff had changed into sombreros.

I think you have to read it to avoid absurdity. Boarding has to be construed as getting on and staying on and arriving somewhere. Anyway, they were volunteers who "surrendered their reservation."
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boarding was given and then withdrawn, so it was denied.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
planeurge, Some good points and thanks for the inside info. I hadn't considered MLW may be a restriction but that's down to me flying teeny weeny aircraft, where it's the same as MTOW.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi
The point was more about the fact we were not getting what they had promised. i.e. We were also having problems, not the principals of the denied boarding or offloading. We were and are entitled to the 250 euros as we were offloaded after check in. I am pleased to say they have just called back and paid the 1000 euros and full refunds. I hope those who struggled to get out there can get something resolved for them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B wrote:
I was moved from the cheap seats to 1st class (or what constitutes it on Monarch) on a flight to Geneva once in order to help balance the weight out. Not too many complaints from me then.

this happened to me once coming back from bansko and was great.
the extra leg room was great but no one was paying for it..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dontflywitheasyjet, Good result.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dontflywitheasyjet, glad you got your money but I can't believe it took EJ so long to sort out compensation. It's a pretty major feckup on their behalf and you'd think they'd be bending over backwards to try to make up for it. Having to wait over a week and require you to faff around with repeated phone calls adds insult to injury.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dontflywitheasyjet, good result.

bar shaker, re ' boarding denied' rolling eyes look up irony. Re MLW - I've seen a Vulcan, which could not jettison fuel (not designed to), and with an undercarriage door which had failed to retract, circle the airfield for 4 hours until down to landing weight when it had to abandon its mission. The option to land with full weight was theoretically possible, though.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 8-01-11 0:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am impressed. If EZ properly compensate the passengers whose luggage was delayed I shall have to reconsider my view that they are hard-nosed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dontflywitheasyjet wrote:
Hi
The point was more about the fact we were not getting what they had promised. i.e. We were also having problems, not the principals of the denied boarding or offloading. We were and are entitled to the 250 euros as we were offloaded after check in. I am pleased to say they have just called back and paid the 1000 euros and full refunds. I hope those who struggled to get out there can get something resolved for them.

Really pleased you got what you deserved.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
dontflywitheasyjet, good result.

bar shaker, re ' boarding denied' rolling eyes look up irony.

achilles - you cant blame him for the mistake, not like you to have a sense of humour wink
snow report
We had 8 guests on this flight and it took 5 days for their luggage to arrive in resort!!!!! Not a happy start to the New Year!!
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, I'm working on it.
snow conditions
Must be true, its made the Daily Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345787/EasyJet-passengers-told-plane-arrested-fuelling-blunder-makes-flight-heavy.html
snow report
Looks like the BBC have caught on finally as well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12157763
ski holidays
After some time the BBC has now run this story on its website, I wonder what has caused the delay
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12157763
ski holidays
Was on Radio 2 news as well this morning

Maybe there was an injunction on reporting?
snow report
Boredsurfing, nothing. The original post gave a BBC link - albeit a regional one.
snow report
Its in todays Metro as well......
ski holidays
Also in The Sun (p12), the papers seemed to have had a longer delay reporting this than the airlines did in the snowy weather!
snow conditions
also in the Mirror according to that BBC web page

Maybe they have been on hold to Easy jet customer services waiting for a comment Laughing
latest report
Boredsurfing,
It's even made it into the French media.
Bad publicity for Easyjet..
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
also in the Mirror according to that BBC web page

Maybe they have been on hold to Easy jet customer services waiting for a comment Laughing

Once again Snowheads brings you the ski related News first! wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got really excited today as I had an email from Easyjet, with reference to my complaint and request for compensation, only to have my hope dashed when I opened the email, they were letting me know that the letter of complaint I sent via email on 8th Jan was not compatible with their system and I would need to send it in another format. (It was a word document!!!) So it's taken them over 3 weeks to even try and look at my letter.
ski holidays
neveragaineasyjet, well, at least they haven't said no .....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy