Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice required for 3 week youth hostel style skiing holiday in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I'm hoping that someone can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 3 week ski trip in March. We want to keep the costs low and do not want to stay in accommodation offered by tour operators. We are looking for youth hostel style accommodation in France. I am a new intermediate skiier (currently Greens, Blues and some reds) whilst my boyfriend likes to be challenged by black runs. Please could you recommend any ski resorts which you think would be suitable along with youth hostel style accommodation in that area. We would like a room to ourselves but don't mind sharing bathroom facilities or cooking our own meals.

Many thanks

Carol Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The French Youth hostel association have hostels at many ski resorts, it's the obvious starting point. www.fuaj.org
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try the Club Alpin Francais (www.ffcam.fr/) - they have hostel in some places, and then there's UCPA.

I've stayed in the CAF at Chamrousse a couple of times, it was good, but that was more than 10 years ago, so I can't comment on conditions now - the rooms were named after flowers; amusingly there is a twin room called "Narcisse".

When looking on tourist board websites, you may like to search for 'gite d'etape' if you find nothing under hostels. There's plenty around.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Here's a link for you - from about 40 Euro / night half-board near Albertville

http://gite.queige.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Your not far from Les Saisies and within driving range of the 3 Valleys (c. 45 mins to Le Praz where you can catch the telecabine up into Courchevel 1850).

Regards

Mark

73730, St Paul sur Isère
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UCPA - and if you're UK based, through action-outdoors.co.uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a Youth Hostel in Tignes les Boisses.
Also try Chalet Chardons in Tignes les Brevieres, or Dragon Lodge in Tignes le Lac.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy