Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, 9th Jan - bargain late deal

Poster: A snowHead
admin wrote:
wow! We appear to something of a dump on our hands snowHead
there's a good 8-10cmfresh snow here in Alpe d'Huez and counting.

That looks superb and very much better than New Year week which was fine but could have done with a bit of freshening up. Hope you are all having a great time. Just a bit of info, if anyone has any boot issues the guy in the shop next door to you, Julien at Olivier Sports - Sport 2000 is very good and very helpful. And if you hang your laptop out the window you might be able to pick up the free wifi from Crystal's Hotel Hermitage across the road Laughing Have a good week snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's snowing! Just started but fairly heavily down to resort level snowHead (via SMS)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads more snow today, and still snowing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
with last night's new snow the only question is how epic today will be snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 12-01-11 8:59; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vaujany. The run down was sublime

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ ^ +1
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, loooovely pic Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vaujany is about the lowest you can go here. There's a black run all the way down through the trees which had perfect snow on it. Harrisontherabbit and I must have seen at most maybe 8 people on the way down.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, grrrrr, I love that run. I am SO jealous.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
Vaujany is about the lowest you can go here.

No, the lowest you can go here is gloating about it. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Going green Going green Going green
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^^^^ +1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geepee, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
up on the hill drinking vinchaud waiting for the night skiing session to begin.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, looks good. Serre Chevalier mini-bash are off to La Grave tomorrow.
latest report
admin, Hmmmm it's gone awfully quiet all of a sudden... are you still drinking vin chaud? Was there no lunch today? All of a sudden I feel out of control... cut off.... Madeye-Smiley Laughing
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, sshhhh, it's good if they're done gloating. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
I've just got home and I want to go back! what a fantastic week to share with a fantastic group of people, my skiing has improved as well as my alcohol tolerance level wink

thanks to admin for arranging the trip, and i hope to see you all again soon!
snow conditions
butti, +1 (apart from the bit about skiing)

I'm off for an afternoon nap now. Can't work out how, but I think I may have missed out on a bit of sleep at some point... snowHead
ski holidays
Very Happy A great week...., powder , company and did I mention I did the tunnel ??? snowHead Laughing

Back to reality .... Sad until the next trip...... Cool
snow conditions
A great week and a pleasure to meet everyone! Thanks to Admin (Graham) for organising everything, including the snow!

Here we are enjoying our last night!

snow report
jennycook, wow, the Tunnel! The hash I made of that was probably the worst skiing experience of my life. What sort of condition was it in?
snow report
Thanks everyone for a lovely time and admin, for organising everything! Just waiting for the ferry to take me home now...had an awesome week Smile
snow conditions
admin,
Hi Graham - thanks again for a great holiday!! Can you check again re payment as is now showing 233.40??? Did the original draft not arrive?? Big hug and thanks ! Caroline
latest report
Hurtle, it was very forgiving soft snow ! Enough moguls to slow you down if needed ....... I did not do it the next day when all was rather crunchy ! I was high as a kite after ,but relly only got away with it in the good conditions ! Laughing
snow report
jennycook, that's nice. When I did it, it was blue sheet ice from top to bottom, with a person going Shocked perched on every single mogul. wink
ski holidays
The Tunnel Shocked Shocked Thank god I didn't make it out there.... it would only have given admin some class opportunities to extract the urine for years to come... Toofy Grin Kudos to those that did it, I bow to you snowHead
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, so, so true, o Wise One. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, Laughing Laughing

Oh and another thing.... if you lot are back now, how am I going to know where you're all eating lunch tomorrow? Twisted Evil
snow report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
The Tunnel Shocked Shocked Thank god I didn't make it out there.... it would only have given admin some class opportunities to extract the urine for years to come... Toofy Grin
Oh how sad... So I guess I'm never going to find any other opportunities, am I? Twisted Evil

Actually, though you might not have liked the Tunnel, you'd have loved the Sarenne snowHead
snow conditions
Has anyone managed to find out how to access the lift pass data online (Gary said it was possible)? I've looked all over the sataski.com website but can't find anything. Or am I the only one sad enough to have kept my pass as a souvenir??? rolling eyes
snow report
jennycook, You only did it because I told you it was an easy green down the other side Smile
ski holidays
welshskier, SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! Yes I admit I only did the tunnel because you did - however I recall it was not me that fell and lost a ski at the top...... Laughing OOPs sorry welshskier, I had said I would not mention that ... Twisted Evil

Schuss in Boots, What's for lunch then ? I just got the text..... your place today per admin, ......

I thought maybe a plan to then go to Hurtle's place for apres later ????
ski holidays
jennycook, I DID NOT lose a ski - I lost two, and what about your novel method of stopping rolling eyes
snow report
jennycook, Laughing Laughing Yep, I just got it too (had somehow managed to turn the mute button on, so only just got it rolling eyes ). Lunch will be a gourmet delight (that's beans on toast in case you were wondering) for most of you.... admin however, will be getting bread and dripping followed by a large slice of humble pie..... Twisted Evil Hurtle's for apres sounds like a great plan, perhaps we could make it a wake? I'm gonna throttle admin when I get my hands on him.... Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Has anyone managed to find out how to access the lift pass data online (Gary said it was possible)? I've looked all over the sataski.com website but can't find anything.

georglette, i think you have to do it in resort at the lift pass office but i'm not certain........

Quote:

jennycook, I DID NOT lose a ski - I lost two, and what about your novel method of stopping

.... hmmm well you stayed upright ..... Embarassed I used the powder after - less solid a target to slam into ..... Shocked
ski holidays
jennycook, georglette, pffff, I lost both skis and both poles. Plus hat and sunnies. rolling eyes
dadmin's right about Sarenne - lovely run. (I suppose he's allowed to be right about something.)
latest report
Hurtle, Chapeau (or lack of in this case) Laughing Laughing If you're going to do a job... do it properly. That's my motto. Toofy Grin badmin is right about a lot of things.... it's very annoying. Laughing

I just got the low down on Sarenne... yes I would have enjoyed it.... and I would have enjoyed the week too, by the sounds of it. Glad you all had a good time, hopefully next time I'll be able to actually make the lunch stops. wink
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, don't you mean

badmin is right about a lot of things.... it's very annoying.
latest report
admin, Yeah.... that too Laughing Laughing Damn, I hate it when you're right. NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy