Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Sella Ronda Fans!!! - Season 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.5 wink)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3 sleeps and I will be in Ortisei-yee ha!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been put off Ortisei slightly as it seems not really on the Sella Ronda, and not festooned with pistes/lifts of its own. How long does it take to get to the circuit & back? (i.e. how practical would it be to do things like the Sella Ronda circuit or Hidden Valley)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You only need to get a bus to Selva(maybe 10 mins) and go up Dantercepies to access Sella Ronda.We did the Hidden Valley 2 years ago and it was no problem time-wise.Wondering if we can do the WW1 ski tour from Ortisei in one day this year.Ortisei has direct access to Seceda on one side of the town and Alpes di Siusi on the other side.There is a system of escalators/moving walkways through the town to get from the one side to the other.It does involve a wee bit of walking but it's no big deal..Ortisei's a lovely wee town,maybe not party central but perfect for 5 40-something blokes.We're actually staying in a hotel in a small village above Ortisei called Bulla so we spend most nights there.
Have a good time.If you come across 5 hungover/pished Scottish blokes that'll be us!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds great... Interesting about the escalators. Maybe I'll have to put Ortisei back on the shortlist....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Trying to get another Ski holiday in this year and was planning Andorra but after reading this thread I am determined to go the sella ronda.

Could someone in the know tell me what conditions are historically like in the first week of April and what resort whould best suit a couple who are not that worried about nightlife and whose first time it would be in the dolomites.

Leaning towards Arabba after going thougth this thread but any advice would be helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SteveM wrote:
thewinelake, Plus the small black run (sorry forgot its name) at the top of the Boe gondola, late in the day when nobody else is there.

You mean Vallon Very Happy

Often gets missed!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vintageryan, I don't know about historical conditions but you would be near to the Marmolada glacier in Arabba, so if conditions aren't great there should be good snow up high.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vintageryan, historical conditions aren't going to be a useful guide as to what it will be like the first week of this April. All you can say is that the Sella Ronda ski areas plan to be open until the 10th, so they are reasonably confident that there will be enough skiing. Spring can often be quite snowy at altitude, but the lower runs will suffer in the warm sunshine.

Check here: http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en-US/104EN.html

Arabba tends to hold it's snow well late in the season, so I would try there.

But if you can wait nearer the time, you can make a decision based on where the snow is looking good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi wrote:
You mean Vallon Very Happy

Often gets missed!

Indeed that is the name luigi thanks.
It does not often get missed by me Toofy Grin every time I go past I have to have a little go, which is why this year I got stuck at Passo Campolongo afterwards and could not ski back to Arabba, having slightly misjudged the time taken to go up Vallon Embarassed - nice run from the top straight down to Passo Campolongo though snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So how did you get back?!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

As Pokemon says it's very scenic - you go through a mini gorge with a frozen waterfall and it's a good blend of fast open mountain skiing and then skiing through the forest.

A bit of video from February of the frozen waterfall. (Memories) Madeye-Smiley

http://youtube.com/v/do_jycItPzU
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thewinelake, shared a taxi with a family of Italians who also needed to get back to Arabba. Not a long trip.
Only found out later that if I had called the hotel where we were staying they would have sent their minibus to pick me up!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if there's a bus service that links Canazei to Pian Frataces? Considering staying there, but as we're self-catering, convenience of getting to the shops is quite important.

By the way, that waterfall looks beautiful. Seems that Dolomites is possibly the prettiest place of all to ski.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all.

Just got back from my first ever trip to the dolomites and even so I was a little worried about the snow coverage I would like to thank everyone in the weather thread who convinced me to go as I had one of the best trips I have had.

I'am sure I have no need to tell people here, but boy are the Dolomites something special and was lucky enougth to go on a trip to a deserted hidden valley in good conditions, which still had its frozen waterfall which I found sureal when the the day we went the temputures were touching 90f.

Also first ever trip in spring so first day was worried about how hard the pistes were in the morning I was thinking to myself I have made a mistake here but great skiing was had after the first hour or so with good snow conditions most days, the fresh top-up on monday night really made for good skiing for the next two days.

The only day we came off the slopes early was the friday with temputures still around 80f the snow was too heavy and we were water skiing under 2000m.

We stayed in Selva with Crystal in the Chalet Salven and I could not fault either the company or the Chalet staff (great food) one bit, really impressed by how organised Crystal are, Went touring with the Crystal rep 2 days and he was also faultless.

Should also mention the mountain restaurents which I was really impressed by not just by the quality but also by the vaule.

All in all great trip and really looking forward to going back to the Dolomites at the earliest chance.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy