Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
significant news for indoor snow fans

Quote:
Morwenna Angove, Alton Towers’ sales and marketing head has joined indoor snow centre the Chill Factore as the attraction's new chief executive.
Angove, a well known figure in the North West marketing fraternity, having previously held roles at Eurocamp and Manchester City Council, has enjoyed a three-year tenure at Alton Towers, overseeing sustained growth for the theme-park and resort.

Its no surprise that a volley of special offers is now available, thats Morwenna's trademark and is how she grew the Alton towers business. Its pretty good news for users as this lass understands the concept of value tickets increasing footfall which then brings in more spend on catering/retail. Its bad news for rivals.

Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I understand it she's also responsible for numerous publicity stunts so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.
It seems there's some debate about how much these and offers increased visitor numbers as there's been a sector wide increase due to "staycationing" but I'd guess that hasn't translated to vast increases at chillfactor!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
God help us all................
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beware the early morning lift pass offers 9.00am 2 hours for £10, they have been really busy, seeing 200 people at 9.00 this week Shocked They were much quieter when I popped in around 6.30pm last night, only 3 or so at a time on the slope.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let's hope she sorts out the booking process too. No one seems to know what they are doing when it comes to booking courses or groups of lessons.

We have been going weekly with our dd and the organisation is chaotic to say the least!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well the ski school is pretty quiet there this year, as I'm getting no work from that source this season so far. Hopefully she can get a few more bodies in for lessons so I can get some work from them again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went last night from 9pm to 11pm for only £15 - bargain. Only problem is the slope is very slippy at this time of day.

A few weeks ago we were skiing there are 10.45pm and they asked everyone to get off the slope as it had become too slippy with the movement of the fake snow.

When i asked why, the manager said that when the conditions get like that the slope is more difficult than a black in good conditions so they have to shut it.

Anyone else had this experience?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bezthespaniard,
yep me too, seems to depend who is on.
agreed that £15 is good value.

skir67,
thats interesting, they are definitely having problems getting enough numbers for the classes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bezthespaniard, never had that problem at chill, seen it at Xscape where if the temp is too low the snow does not stick to the base and you have a mixture of bare base/boilerplate ice and deep sugary ice powder.

At chill I have seen the 'drop in' on the top right get fairly chewed up but never been bad enough to need re-grooming or cause the slope to close

slopes like Tamworth have planned stops regularly during the day to regroom to keep the slope in the best condition.

Typically it is a problem with the older types of snowmaking like they have a Tamworth or Xscape so would be less common at Chill and Hemmel, but if they have seen very heavy use they could have had the issue for this reason alone or maybe they are having difficulty with their temp contro and with the recent lower external temps perhaps the slope temp has dropped too low.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevindonkleywood, Thats exactly what it was like, bare parts and deep icy powder parts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was a bit like that in manchester on monday as well - both sides were sort of ok but down the centre was an ice sheet - and we were there late afternoon..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy