Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teen girl punched repeatedly by US scientist

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
red 27 wrote:
Scarpa, Oh Christ, not another pervert on here...

Skiing, religion and BDSM kink have a lot in common - and a lot to answer for. Shocked

Hey... shiny equipment hanging from walls.. sharp edges... hot waxing... dunno what you mean mate Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jzBun wrote:
Quote:
What would Jesus have done?" is the best Maxim I guess

I prefer to wonder what Yoda would do.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to answer Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27 wrote:
...Those who initiate confrontations often have latent mental health issues and should seek professional help.

More complex is the question of whether to back down when one is the victim of such agression and whether to intervene when one sees it happening to others. My answer tends to be 'No' in both cases but perhaps they should both be Yes.

And some are just immature or not good at handling confrontations. I think that backing down if that is what is necessary to avoid a disproportionate escalation and more serious repercussions is just intelligent, whatever the pride/ego/honour/moral issues in the situation faced. That doesn't mean that it's never right to fight, it just means that in a civilised society it is very very rare indeed for avoiding a fight not to be the best choice of action. Even where there is a moral imperative, there's usually a cleverer way forwards.

Really doesn't matter whether the boarder was built or not. If he wasn't, there might have been a more prolonged squabble but still neither side would gain from turning it physical. If either "dad" or tarzan of the apes had thrown a punch they'd've just made unnecessary trouble for themselves. Better to end it quickly once you run out of names to call each other ladeez.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges wrote:

I think that backing down if that is what is necessary to avoid a disproportionate escalation and more serious repercussions is just intelligent, whatever the pride/ego/honour/moral issues in the situation faced.

Which takes me back to the Shakespere quote.

As a side issue, I believe the reason people take their shirts off in these situtations (rather than to show off their buff physique which is irrelevent to fighting ability anyway) is to deny their opponent the grip they would otherwise be able to get on their clothing should matters progress to the grappling stage
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27,
Quote:

Which takes me back to the Shakespere quote.

Not just you, takes Marty back too! wink

Meanwhile I would consider which action would lead to the most advantageous result for me in both the short and long term, rather than risk being rail-roaded into a worse position by some quaint sentiment that I must prove I'm not chicken to a complete stranger. As you say though agree to differ. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy