Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teen girl punched repeatedly by US scientist

Poster: A snowHead
Cipria wrote:
I haven't logged on for a while and I'm shocked that some Snowheads seem to think it's funny or ok to punch a child (yes a 14 year old is still a child) whatever the circumstances.... think these guys need a reality check.

x2
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
#1 Skier Dad from RyanKennyProductions
http://vimeo.com/9692428 I think this is his buddy what a total load of nobs hahaha. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Terrible stuff, testosterone.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is an epidemiologist necessarily a medical doctor? (not that it's relevant to whether it's OK to punch kids in the face).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, the only epidemiologist I know trained as a statistician.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They only need to be able to count the bodies, would be a waste of a medical degree Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
like she meant to do it ,if anybody hit my fourteen year old they would defo pay for it !!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc wrote:
My daughter is nearly 14. The thought of a grown man hitting her for anything beggers belief.

I hope her father had a "chat" with him

I hope her father introduced him to a bat of some sort.

100% idiot and i hope he gets whats coming to him.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
leeboy, nice one, you're escalating the violence in exactly the same way the father of the boy did. A little perspective is required here.

Little boy get's harmlessly bumped by a girl
Girl gets punched by boys father
Boys father gets set about with a bat by father of the girl
What's the next stage? Father of the girl gets shot by the original small boys uncle?

As stated above; terrible stuff, testosterone.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John, don't agree, you punch my daughter, you have to explain it to me!!
At least you will only get punched by someone a bit closer to your own size.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jbob, fair enough, I'd expect to get punched. I wouldn't expect a bat to be produced. My point was about escalating the violence.

It's a fair bet, however, that leeboy wouldn't dream of hitting anyone with a bat, and is merely posturing behind the anonymity of a chat-room log in. Which makes him all the more tragic.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John, I sincerely hope that the bat was not one of the more endangered species. They also have legal protection.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa, to be honest he wouldn't have to hit me with it, the act of merely producing a bat would frighted the bejeesus out of me
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr John, I used to carry out wildlife work which involved caving, climbing up to the roof and collecting bats into a cotton bag held in my teeth. Then after weighing and taking forearm measurements I had to go and hang the bugs up again like furry litlte Christmas decorations. They are very soft and gentle Little Angel
ski holidays
Damn editing results in a new post with no options to delete... it is the devils work I tell you!!!
ski holidays
Scarpa, I'm glad someone else did the same as me earlier in the thread. Little Angel

I was sure I was editing the posts and then realised that there is only the option to quote !
snow report
SnowNews works that way for some reason.
snow report
It has just occurred to me that this guy claimed he lost the place because he thought his son had been seriously injured. So that's what you do if you think your son is seriously injured ...... you ignore your seriously injured son lying on the snow and start thumping a teenage girl? Interesting priorities rolling eyes
snow conditions
ccl, I'm with you, if anyone collided with one of mine and I thought they were hurt, my last thoughts would be retribution.
latest report
Here's the latest from the oddly named Beaver Daily Examiner;

"Filler thought the girl was skiing recklessly, according to police, and jumped on top of the 14-year-old and punched her in the face with his fist. The ski instructor told Filler he was punching a girl and got him to stop, said Lt. Mike McWilliam of the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office."
By all accounts, Mr. Filler is genuinely remorseful about his actions. The parents of the girl have decided to press charges in spite of Filler's contrition.
If convicted, Mr. Filler faces a maximum of 2 years jail time in the local county jail.

So, a clearer picture emerges. He either thought he was attacking a male 'yute' or he likes jumping on top of 14 year old girls. His 2 years in County will give him plenty of time to reflect on the old maxim that Revenge is a dish best eaten cold...
latest report
The guy over reacted in the heat of the moment, he probably deserves a telling off and a fine. That's about the sum of it.

The 'snowboarders versus skiers' video. The snowboarders are good but they're occassionally coming off on to the path too far and not in control so sooner or later they are likely to take someone out. Telling other people to stay behind them isn't realistic. I think that was the guy who got punched, who apart from that, was surprisingly reasonable.
ski holidays
I agree Elston....

But if my 14 year old daughter was "punched" repeatedly by an adult man for a skiing accident she was involved in, I would personally hunt him down and have a "chat" with him.

What an idiot and I hope he spends some time in jail and gets abused.
ski holidays
After reading the story i feel sick that an adult feels its acceptable to hit a child that obviously was trying to prevent an accident in the first place. The Guy is a Pr*ck who in my mind shouldn't be taking a four year old into an environment that is obviously beyond his sons limit. Cheap skate dad doesn't follow the rules (the kid should be with ducklings if he wants him to learn to ski in a safe manner)
I wonder if his fists would have been flying if it was a 6' 2" 18stone bloke crashing into him i guess not!
Accidents happen in any sport
Hope the girls father sues the guy.
snow report
meandrew, That Youtube video's completely ridiculous. So many things that are just a joke!

1: The boarders acting like idiots in the first place. It's a busy, narrow, run. In my opinion, they shouldn't be doing stuff like that. There's a time and a place!
2: The 'dad' had every right to be annoyed, but he went way over the mark when he pushed the guy.
3: The 'dad' squaring up to everybody, then completely crappin' himself when he realises he's dealing with someone who can obviously punch his weight!
4: The guy taking his top of half way up a snowy mountain just to show off his physique (although it had the desired effect)

What a depressing display of testosterone-fuelled idiocy.

As Nickski, said, ironically, the only one to come out of it with any decency was the guy that set off the whole stramash in the first place. He seemd to be the only reasonable person there!
ski holidays
In meribel two years ago a little lad skied into my friend, I had stopped to wait for him and saw the whole thing, but the kids father (french) only saw them both laying on the snow and the kid looking hurt, we were helping the little boy up etc when the father went mental and was about to use his snow board to hit my friend with !! thats when i stepped in and started shouting abuse at him, then his wife turned up and started giving us a load of verbal assuming that my frined had skied into the kid......seems very easy to fly off the handle when your kid is hurt !!!
snow report
That video shows how a physical response is rarely the right answer. They could use that video to prosecute the "dad" no matter that the boarders started it.

Similarly anyone who actually would hit the "epidemiologist" for punching the 14 year old girl once he had actually stopped punching her (as opposed to just net forum posturing) should be prosecuted. Assuming you belong to mainstream society this would have serious implications for the rest of your life, like it's going to for this "epidemiologist".

The "dad" wasn't being a coward in skiing off, he was coming round to seeing sense if only a little after the fact. Otherwise he would have just fallen into Marty McFly's "nobody calls me yellow" trap and possibly compounded his error.
snow report
slikedges wrote:
The "dad" wasn't being a coward in skiing off, he was coming round to seeing sense if only a little after the fact.

He was being a coward IMV. He had initiated AND escalated the confrontation hoping that his shouting and faux-gang stylee hand gestures would scare the guy he pushed. When this didn't happen he ran away.

It ended 1 push each but with skier dad haunted by Shakespeare's line;

Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.

Good vid - I enjoyed that. Which one of them was the Escapologist? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, so you'd've stayed and fought?
snow report
slikedges, I - being sane, sensible, often sober and always in full control of my enormous physical strength - wouldn't have pushed anyone in the 1st place.

If - like skier dad - you start things and then run away when the other person stands up to you, you are (IMV) a bully and a coward.
snow report
red 27 wrote:
slikedges wrote:
The "dad" wasn't being a coward in skiing off, he was coming round to seeing sense if only a little after the fact.

He was being a coward IMV. He had initiated AND escalated the confrontation hoping that his shouting and faux-gang stylee hand gestures would scare the guy he pushed. When this didn't happen he ran away.

How very French of him.
snow report
red 27, ok, but dad has already pushed the push. Now what? What would you do in his shoes? What would you advise him to do?
snow conditions
slikedges, anger management classes
snow conditions
Maybe he caught malaria at work and was having hallucinations!
latest report
red 27,
Quote:

anger management classes

So you agree that he made the right decision to move on then? wink Not trying to give you a hard time (well maybe a bit Toofy Grin ), I do know where you're coming from really - in another time and place he'd have had to duel to the death at dawn for his honour - but I think we should be well past that kind of locked-in thinking that just compounds errors nowadays and into a way of thinking that takes in the bigger picture and results in more rational and constructive decision making. Even if you've already made an initial error of judgement, it's better late than never to get it right.
snow report
slikedges wrote:

Not trying to give you a hard time (well maybe a bit Toofy Grin ), I do know where you're coming from really

Likewise, my dear old thing.

We, being civilised and intelligent, are able to have an interesting conversation, discuss and perhaps disagree with good humour and civility. Those who initiate confrontations often have latent mental health issues and should seek professional help.

More complex is the question of whether to back down when one is the victim of such agression and whether to intervene when one sees it happening to others. My answer tends to be 'No' in both cases but perhaps they should both be Yes.

"What would Jesus have done?" is the best Maxim I guess - but then He did end up getting crucified so it's hard to be sure. Confused
ski holidays
red 27, He only ended up being crucified because he forgot the safe word wink
ski holidays
Scarpa, Oh Christ, not another pervert on here...

Skiing, religion and BDSM kink have a lot in common - and a lot to answer for. Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:
What would Jesus have done?" is the best Maxim I guess

I prefer to wonder what Yoda would do.
ski holidays
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[b]red 27.

Skiing, religion and BDSM kink have a lot in common - and a lot to answer for.

Wrong. Religion is the only one that has obstacles.

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy