Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very Cheap Catered Ski Deal Wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Flying out either 3,4,5th Jan
Looking for a cheap deal for 2 people.
Flying from Manchester or Liverpool
Must be catered chalet
Duration 7 Days
Either France, Switzerland or Austria.

Does anyone have any spaces left on any trips or had anyone seen any deals for this time?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.last-minute-ski-deals.co.uk/

Ricklovesthepowder, those holidays don't fit in with your departure dates though - your dates don't seem to fit in with what the TOs are doing. Are you flexible on those dates?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder, try posting on Chalets Direct.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
another vote from me for Chalets Direct, we posted last year and got a great response very quickly and its nice that you book direct iwth the chalet owners too
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, TOs are mostly doing 3 or 4 night breaks on those dates to get back to Saturday changovers after the Christmas period. They are very cheap though, I'm having an 'extra' ski break as a result. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow thanks for the quick replies. The only reaspon i said Tuesday was i can get cheap flights from Manchester --> geneva for £75 each all in. I will try that chalet owners direct. If anyone finds anything cheap then feel free to post them, cheers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, Tuesday flights are always the cheapest. Because there's relatively little demand. Because it's difficult to get Tues/Tues accommodation. wink wink Have you bought the flights yet? If not, you might do better to go for one of the cheap TO deals that include flights. Transfer costs could well cost you as much as the flights - even if you do find some accomm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, no not booked anything yet what so ever. This only just came about within the past 4 hours that i can go. Any lnks to the deals that include everything?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, I think all the big TOs have their own websites with a whole host of (rather confusing) deals. Just a case of patient searching, I guess, and being as flexible as possible - there are lots of odd duration holidays around (because of Saturday being Christmas Day). So it will be easier if you are flexible on duration and maybe on type of accommodation too - there are often some good B & B deals in Austria.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers i will take a proper look tomorrow. If you happen to see anything then feel free to post on here, thank you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If happy to book own flights etc , put a posting on chalets direct solutions room....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.austrian-adventures.com/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks for the recommendation Smokin Joe, but we are full until the 8th Jan Sad

I would try hard to find a TO deal though. Most indies will be booked up as it is still a prety peak week!

Good luck!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I would try hard to find a TO deal though

+1. People sometimes rush to book what seems like a bargain flight, then can't find suitable accommodation and are shocked at the cost of transfers.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just thought, having typed that about transfers - try Mountainsun. The fact that they do flexible deals AND pick you up from Geneva is a big plus - but they are very likely full, too. The following week, completely clear of new year, would probably give you a bit more choice, and quieter pistes.

There seem to have been two changeover days here - Saturday was a biggie, but so was yesterday. Big queues for lift passes this morning, moving very slowly (beats me why people don't take the opportunity to order them in advance) and the hire shops were busy. The pistes, on the other hand, were really quiet. Not that I was on them. Sad
snow report
Cheers guys i will have a look at those places you suggested. Is there any others who run/own chalets on here, there must be? Been looking for about 3 hours today, found a handful of deals but nothing that ticks all the boxes really. Whats La Tania like, how big a ski area and hight of resort etc?
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, there's a thread in chalets & apartments which lists many of the apartment owners
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, La Tania is in the Three Valleys not far from Courchevel. So it's part of a huge ski area!
ski holidays
Never been to 3V. Possibility of going there. I may just wait until a few days before hand, may also be able to go the week after I mentioned soi will just play it by ear I think.
latest report
What do you think to this, anyone been?

http://www.fasttrackski.co.uk/offers/12975728.php
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, that looks an excellent deal. 1800 is where most of the catered chalets seem to be - we stayed there some years ago. It's not the most convenient location but we always came and went by piste - I don't think we ever took the bus, though if you're near a bus stop that might be v useful.

I don't know the ski area very well, having only done a week there - it's big!

Can't imagine you'll do better than that, price-wise. Just don't expect a luxury experience.
snow report
I will speak to the other person I'm going with and see if he is up for it. Never been to les arc/plagne.
latest report
Quote:

Never been to les arc/plagne.

In LP itself there's far too much skiing for a week - no need to go to Les Arcs, really. There are also some lower villages, runs down through the trees, nice spots for lunch etc. though when I was there the snow was no good going down to those places, so I didn't see them.

I suspect the snow in La Plagne is similar to here - good quality, but not a super amount of it and little or none forecast for the next week (it's actually snowing right now but I don't think it's going to amount to anything).

I think much the same will hold for the places like the 3V, too because when it rained heavily a few weeks ago it rained pretty well to the top. I think some places further east got a lot more snow but if you're dead set on a Brit-style catered chalet they're few and far between outside France and parts of Italy. there are some good B & B deals but the difference in terms of what you'll spend, between a B & B and a catered chalet, is massive.

Given that conditions are good for making snow, and resorts are extremely good at conserving it and shoving it around and keeping the pistes in good nick, I would have thought piste skiing in La Plagne would be fine that week. I've had many a January ski holiday, in both Austria and France, with snow much less good than it is at the moment.
snow report
I've just spent the last week (well, less the day we missed due to delayed flights - grrrr) in the marmottes. Paper thin walls and you do have to walk to / from the slopes but apart from that not bad at all. Snow in LP is great at the moment, should last a week Smile
latest report
Quote:
Flying out either 3,4,5th Jan
Looking for a cheap deal for 2 people.
Flying from Manchester or Liverpool
Must be catered chalet
Duration 7 Days
Either France, Switzerland or Austria.

Does anyone have any spaces left on any trips or had anyone seen any deals for this time?

Cheers.

Ricklovesthepowder, have you seen this? http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=71187
I didn't mention it because, although it ticks all the other boxes, it's not the date you specified but that Fasttrack ski deal you were looking at is the 9th too.

Liverpool - Grenoble is £51 rtn on easyjet at the moment.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy