Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Down jackets....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I use Mountain Equipment Fitzroy - packs small and rarely out of my pack during winter, either walking, skiing or climbing. Had it a few years now and is equally as good when just hanging around camp sites or going to the pub but with the added advantage of not looking like Michelin Man as do some down jackets.

No longer shown on the ME web site but plenty of retailers have them in stock - a quick google will find somethine, e.g. http://www.webtogs.co.uk/Mountain_Equipment_Mens_Fitzroy_Jacket_123.html?gclid=CKitsuaSpKYCFc0f4QodeD-oYg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got myself a Montane anti freeze in the sale, £119, warm, light, waterproof and breathable, very happy Smile Even has a stuff sack which I reckon I could take with me skiing if the missus was thinking she may get cold, or for UK Yad Moss/Scottish fecking cold days....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3 down jackets were reviewed on a German TV program last night.

Namely

1) Cheaper €150 Jacket
2) Mid range €300 Jacket ( looked like a Mountain equipment Vega to me )
3) Expensive €600 Jacket

The midrange jacket won because

The cheaper jacket had much less down and was not warm enough in really cold conditions (could be an advantage). It wasn't very waterproof

The midrange jacket (2) was the most waterproof. It was also warm without being too warm for skiing / boarding. Movement wasn't restricted.

The bloke in the €600 jacket (3) was roasting and movement was restricted. This jacket was probably more suited to an artic mission than skiing / boarding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy