Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine / PDS Lift Pass Loyalty Points

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I stumbled across this http://www.about-morzine.co.uk/winter/lift-passes/morzine-lift-pass which says:

"When you buy a Morzine lift pass on a hands free smart card, you accumulate points. The idea is you recharge the hands free card each time you come to Morzine.
When you have over 200 points, you will receive a free one day Morzine lift pass for the entire Portes du Soleil ski area. You can accumulate points over several years.....

....as a rough guide, you get a little over 100 points each time you buy 6 days Portes du Soleil access. So, after
12 days you should be entitled to a free one day pass".

I haven't seen this anywhere else. Any of our Morzine based snowHead 's know if it is correct?

More specifically, I have a pass on which I've accumulated 18 days of Morzine/Les Gets (not the whole PDS) and I'm off again in March for another 6 days. Could I get any free days on that?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jeraff, yes, it's true - but watch out that points can't be accumulated over cards - we have 6 PDS cards, with probably about 400 points in total and they're useless until one card gets to 200.

What you need to do is work out how many points you get for however many days.

However, getting 6 days for say the price of 5 might not be as economically advantageous as a free day at "full "price, no idea what the marginal difference between 5 and 6 is.

And you'll need to buy your pass twice as they won't take points as partial payment...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's true and it works for the whole PdS i think, but new name is right, you can't combine points so pay attention to which ones you use! The points total should be shown somewhere in the blue printing on the card.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jeraff, The number of points you have should be printed on the pass. I think you accrue points based on the amount spend, ie you will get more points for a PdS pass than a local one. Found that to be the case for Chatel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. I'll have to dig out the card and have a look if it says how many points are on it. But let's say there are 200 points on it. Would the fact that those points were accumulated by only having Morzine/Les Gets passes mean that they wouldn't be valid for getting a one day PDS pass?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jeraff, I dont think that will be a problem. We buy passes on the Swiss side, sometimes for CLCF, sometimes for Evasion (local areas) and sometimes for PdS, they all earn points, and the free day is for the whole PdS. So unless it is different in Morzine you should be okay.

Obviously as BB says, you get more points if you buy a more expensive pass, but once you have 200, that's it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I remember right you get 20 points for a 1 day PDS pass - so once you've bought 10 of these you get a free day. If you buy longer period tickets the points are in ratio of the Euros (or CHF) you paid to the cost of a one day PDS ticket. This year a 6 day PDS is Euro 209 and a day pass Euro 41 so if you work it out you just manage to earn 200 points with two 6 day PDS tickets.

It's a good system if youre a regular in the PDS. I generally buy local tickets with the family and accumulate the points to use the free PDS days on our lads' trips.

You earn points in the ratio above wherever you use your ticket except for the promotional days such as discounted Saturday tickets or end of season tickets but those are sufficinently cheap that its worth missing the points.

If you can't see how many points you have the ticket office can tell you. If you have done 18 days Morzine/Les Gets it will definately be enough for a free PDS day. If you usually stay in and around M/LG the best bet might be to pick a day for a foray further away and use your free day then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

How do you know if you have a hands free smart card? I was in the PDS last year and still have my lift pass but cant see where it mentions points?

Cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sunshine81, If the pass is organised by a TO or chalet for you there is no points on it - you need to get the pass yourself and keep the card- yours will be a smart card unless only a day pass.

Also can't top up pass online in advance and use the points.... well I tried and I could not anyway .... i'm aiming to get a free day this year at PDS , hopefully !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy