Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photos needed for lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but couldnt think where it would go.
Basically, Im going to a resort in italy where the brochure says you need photo for the lift passs
I've never been to a resort where you need a photo on lift pass, so how does it work, do I need to prep a passport-style photo or can I just cut my head of a Christmas photo!! Madeye-Smiley

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jon Ford, The most easy way is to take a passport-style photo, there used to be a photo-automat if U need a photo for the skipass Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon

I've not seen photos for a week's pass but I have for a season pass (so that only you can use it).

I would check the website of the resort (where is it?). It seems strange to me that this is a requirement as many people turn up and buy their passes just before skiing

For season tickets they need photos very similar to passport style. Sometimes you can send the photo online and have the pass sent to you before your trip.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nothing special required, just a passport style phote, but as zellmaniac says it tends to be only for season passes. Before the fancy electronic ones it was usual everywhere. Perhaps you are in a small resort without the newest equipment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zellmaniac, there still is a few french and Italian resort there U need Photo even for a weekly skipass
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never yet been anywhere where a photo is NOT required for more than a very short pass - but these days they do it on the spot with an electronic camera in many places. A very clever piece of technology then instantly prints a grainy and completely unrecognizable sort of blob on your pass. Maybe the guys watching the screens in the lift offices get a better image?

We had to send proper photos for a season pass - I did ask whether they could just use the stored images they had from last year, but they said it would be better to send a new one. So I did send a photo - but was the same as last year's. Peter Pan? I chose some decent ones and chopped them - can't be doing with those expensive booths.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Jon Ford,
You don't say where you're going but assuming the system is the same as round here ????? the reason for the picture is security.
Most italian resorts now have auto gates on the lifts (you just brush your pass near the sensor and it will let you on) but, just in case you lose your pass they will put a picture on it - so no one else can use it.
In our resort (probably the same all over) as you go though some of the larger lift stations - say the main cable car out of town - your picture will flash up on a screen behind you, this way a liftie will be able to check that you are the pass owner.

You'll need a passport type picture

Mind you if you do lose your pass round here they can block it so it will stop working and they will charge you for a new one - so don't drop your pass.
Have a look at this page with regards to lift passes in jacket arm pockets
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks. will look into (and if need be, take a passprt photo to be safe)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As Wayne, says a lot of resorts now take a digital snap of people buying passes, Zell am See (as one recent example I can remember) does this and when you go through the turnstiles into the areitbahn it show's the picture of the holder on a screen. Used for security only, and ours didn't have pictures as they were provided through our hotel.

Either way nothing fancy required, we once (Courchevel 1850 in about 2001) took digital photos and ahem, enhanced them. We presented them to the ticket office and they were all put onto the cards, needless to say there were some very strange people skiing those couple of weeks.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went to Tonale a couple of years ago....they insist on photos there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks - Im going tonale. got no probvlems with the photo - just wandering whether u take one with u or they take a digital image there. Plus if i dont take one and they dont take a digital image, do they have photo places to have 1 taken
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jon Ford, why don't you e-mail them and ask?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you are going with Neilson to PT they charge you £1 and take your picture while you wait an hour or two at Verona for the other flights to arrive before your coach leaves
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ha ha, cheers truffaut - sounds like exactly what I will be doing as going with neilson. Still cheaper to pay the £1 then to get passport ones done which cost about a fiver each...plus passes the time while we wait! Lizzard - try to email them via their official website, but couldnt find anyway of emailing them (not the best official website...unless I was on the wrong one)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The last time I needed a photo for a lift pass I just cut my face out of an existing photo (from a recent holiday) and used that no problem. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
If you're going to Passo Tonale, you can also just go to the Ski Pass Office, they take you're picture for the pass on the webcam for no extra charge. We did this as it was also cheaper to buy direct from the office than through the Rep.
snow report
ScaredyCat, thanks for the tip. I suspected this might be the case but now know for when I go back in Feb
latest report
thanks Scaredycat - we are going tonale (5th feb) cant wait now. We booked the pass through TO at £156 so presume can get photo done there when we collect it. thanks Smile
latest report
you can do a digi photo at home and then http://www.epassportphoto.com/ to turn it into passport / lift pass legal size format and print yourself - FREE !
snow conditions
jennycook, great link. snowHead
latest report
my pleasure - courtesy of www.moneysavingexpert.com forum when i needed a new passport type photo a while back !pam w, Great for money saving so I can go on more ski hols !!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy