Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
La Ros is hard pack. Best conditions are La Thuile still, however the lower slopes are beginning to suffer over there. suppose to snow at the weekend but not holding my breath for anything useful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Best conditions are La Thuile still"

How often have we heard that? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are the kids runs open through the trees over on the forest run at the moment?, thinking of taking a trip out 20/3 but the webcams are looking a little ropey right now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
great piste conditions today, best for weeks. cold wind has dropped. maybe snowing this evening (not holding breath)
ollski, if your talking about the greens next to the drag lift -libellude is but not the other.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski wrote:
Are the kids runs open through the trees over on the forest run at the moment?, thinking of taking a trip out 20/3 but the webcams are looking a little ropey right now.

Me and the boy are booked for then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will be skiing and not hillwalking Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it's currently snowing like it means it. (via SMS)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dwarf Vader,

Good news ! off to La Thuile a week today Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow still falling (via SMS)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied La Ros & La Thuile on Thurs 17th.

Sad to say despite snow on Tues conditions in La Rosiere awful: windy with pure ice on pistes. Piste patrol looked very busy presumably due to injuries from falls on ice. Don't think I've ever experienced such poor conditions.

Don't despair if you're coming out as the La Thuile had dramatically different conditions. We have been told in the past that the weather in La Thuile is often the opposite of La Rosiere & this seemed to be true this week. The snow blew in from the SE & this probably accounted for Italy receiving far more snow than France. I think the bulk of the snow came on Tuesday, and two days later there was still masses of fresh powder just next to the piste.

Perhaps surprisingly conditions just across the valley in Les Arcs & La Plagne were much better than La Rosiere even though I doubt that they got any more snow. Perhaps the wind and south facing aspect of La Ros is responsible for this difference. Hopefully a lot more snow comes, otherwise La Rosiere is going to have a very difficult latter half of the season.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still snowing. Conditions under ski are excellent. Atm it's white out but should clear later. (via SMS)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
was snowing hard when we left yesterday.

La Thuile was amazing, and there were some reasonable runs in La Rosiere, despite the ice.
It was good enough for our 6 year old on her first holiday to be flying down reds on Saturday.
At least the runs, including the lower nursery runs were useable. Not the best, but useable, considering the lack of snow over the preceeding weeks.

I imagine things are looking up for the expensive half term week!

I HAVE experienced far worse conditions. (and far better conditions too!)

skiing is what you make of it, and despite the lack of snow, icy patches etc, it was a skiable resort.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
conditions are good today with bluebird skies, more snow expected tomorrow
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dwarf Vader, Glad to hear it's improving out there. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had 6-7cm today and more forecasted for the weekend. conditions are great.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Warm but snow still on the way. La Ros pistes are in good condition and there is some off piste now. La Thuile I think is in worst condition than Ros, they did not get the snow this week and still are suffering from a strong wind.
snow conditions
Dwarf Vader wrote:
La Thuile I think is in worst condition than Ros, they did not get the snow this week and still are suffering from a strong wind.

Must have changed a lot since Wednesday then - we went for the day from Les Arcs to La Ros and found the snow conditions much better in La Thuile and the pistes far less crowded.
snow conditions
yes la ros is suffering from crowding in the week but that will disappear soon, today La Ros was empty and Thuile was full of Italians.
latest report
Just returned from our first trip to La Rosiere. A very enjoyable week despite some travel woes there and back. Our stay saw new snow, a little fog and some great sunshine. We will certainly be back for next half terrm, i for one hope thay don't up grade the lifts, as it will probably mean more visitors and spoil the whole thing where as it works reasonably well now if a bit slow. The price of food (perhaps not drinks though) is refreshingly sane. Our kids were booked into Evo 2 which i was really looking forward to experiencing but sadly due to an error in their diary they had lost our booking and were full. Although this was a shame the esf stepped up well and i thought the standard of teaching was pretty good. Just one thing to note, the esf lessons are half an hour shorter and whilst cheaper than evo 2 this does leave mum and dad with a shorter time to free ski without the ankle biters.

Loved the fort with the bullet holes in the iron door
snow report
snowed 6 inch overnight in the village and still snowing (via SMS)
ski holidays
The strong wind is back along with the sun so at village level is it melting but on the mountain it's still good.
snow report
Still windy - col San Bernardo and La thuile now best conditions but slushy low in la thuile. no snow forcasted with bluebird skies.
ski holidays
5inch of snow and still falling in la thiule. La ros high winds. (via SMS)
latest report
Dwarf Vader, seems to be a bit of a windy theme here Smile
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, are you saying that Dwarf Vader has trouble with wind? wink
ski holidays
TallTone, Laughing Laughing You know these low paid seasonaires.... living off beans.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Don't. He will get grumpy wink
snow report
In jokes on these snow report threads rolling eyes So annoying Embarassed Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, in-jokes? No, just good old-fashioned bawdy humour. Pfffffft!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wind has eased off now, sunshine and warm if this keeps up we will be back to hard pack this week.
snow conditions
Dwarf Vader Glad to see it's working.... wink
latest report
How good is the snow Puzzled

Freeride competition postponed due to 'poor snow'

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2011/03/04/la-rosiere-faute-de-neige-la-competition-free-ride-est-annulee
ski holidays
piste riding is good but off piste is ropey avalanche level 4
latest report
70kph winds closed most of the lifts today. The good news is it's cold with it as the last few days have been far to warm.

2cm snow forcasted for tomorrow (not holding breath) and more (6cm) for Wed/Thurs but it will depend on the freeze level.

It will be interested on Monday to see what conditions are on the slopes.
snow conditions
And again high winds has closed most of the runs and the link to La Thuile, with more weather forcasted over the next 48hrs it's going to be a interesting few days.
snow report
Snowing in a decent quantity at last. It's a bit damp but it's snow. Also got white out conditions with it but who cares about that, it's snowing. Forecast for the next few days is for more of the same.
ski holidays
Snowing like it means it. Vis 100 meters (via SMS)
snow report
snow on Piste 7inch deep fresh tracks. Empty pistes (via SMS)
snow report
Conditions on piste still good if you avoid the lower areas, they a bit slushy. Cool wind is helping to keep the snow.
ski holidays
still slushy lower down, temps are far to high with grass patches showing on some ridge lines. La thuile is suffering the same. The bosco express chair has no snow on the approach, it's green matting.

Good stuff high up and in the coll.
snow conditions
Just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable week in La Rosiere. Conditions were a 'cream cheesy' lower down in the afternoons so ended up spending most of the time crossing to La Thuile and back.
A pat on the back, however, should be given to the bashers for the stirling job they did every night making a pile of slush into a piste again.
I would also like to apologise to anyone who happened to hear my attempts (speaking french in a broad lancastrian accent) when buying bread from the bakers Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy