Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Snowed a damp snow yesterday afternoon, I'll see what that's done to the slopes later to day and will report back.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
one word - sticky (via SMS)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cold over night conditions today good (via SMS)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
one word - sticky (via SMS)

Snow or duvet report?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, I'm now living in QS for the week so If I find anything sticky I'll check it's not from christmas week Smile

Conditions much better today, Cold night had harded the pistes up and even this afternoon it was a lot firmer than it has been. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i got first tracks in 3 inch of fresh and still snowing. (via SMS)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it still snowing ? There on the 9th April so hoping enough cover on the pistes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stopped snowing now, most pistes are still ok. I dont know what 2 weeks will bring but it is forecasted to keep a bit cooler this week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i take it you can still sky down to resort level - staying in les eucherts this time
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's OK but slushy. I dont know how long they can keep it though. The pisters have done a great job up to now but its a fight they will ultimately lose Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any update on the piste conditions ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lots of killer rain yesterday, sunshine now for a few days. conditions are deteriorating quickly. Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
how is it up high?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Most runs open if narrowed up. The pisters have done another great job in recovering the pistes. The San Bernardo area is still the best. Red 7 into la Thuile is closed.
The Nursery slopes have had it but over all there is skiing in spring like conditions
damobloke1, It depends on how south facing the run is. All lower runs are mush by early afternoon but higher up is OK
snow report
Dwarf Vader,

Thanks. I'm hoping for enough ski time between 9 - 1pm. Are the pistes still open back into base level or is it a case of walking ? We are in Les Eucherts so should hopefully just be able to jump on the chairlift there to get high. Just wondering about the conditions coming back at the end (middle !) of the day.

I take it the San Bernardo area is the bit between France and Italy ? Which lifts and runs do you take to get there from Les Eucherts.

Thanks

D
snow report
damobloke1, my favourite way would be main chair out of les Eucherts, ski to la Rosiere, main chair up and ski to the Fort chair and get that up. Drop down the other side.
latest report
Having just seen some of Dwarf Vader's, recent pictures it would seem that the resort will be lucky to make the weekend. 3 years ago we had just finished an awesome week on the 3rd April and they had to dig out the drag in the Col as there was so much snow. Seems that the poor snow depths are now showing through.
ski holidays
Quote:

Seems that the poor snow depths are now showing through.

No Frosty the Snowman, it's the grass that's showing through. wink Still, the grass round our apartment has now been showing through for some long that it's a nice bright green and has flowers growing in it.
snow report
JUst came off the hill today. I did make it to la Thuile but that was hard work and chucas was a major mess coming back at 2.00 The weather is for another warm week so I cannot see how it will last that long.
The col is still in good spring like conditions, my guess is this area will last but getting to it (and back) will be hard work, they are talking about opening the road upto it.
latest report
If they do open up the road, I take it you can drive and park closer to a lift to get you up to the top ?
latest report
damobloke1 wrote:
If they do open up the road, I take it you can drive and park closer to a lift to get you up to the top ?

As far I know it's for the ski bus, not thought about cars. If I find anything out before I leave I'll post it up
latest report
Dwarf Vader,

Thanks. Got a hire car from Grenoble so will have wheels with us.

As an aside, do you know if there is any reduction on the lift pass prices ? Family of 4 but guess we will be off the mountain by at least 1pm so buying 4 tickets every day for 9 - 1 will soon add up vs. a 6 day family ticket.

Is the Col icy first thing ?
latest report
a family pass is €566 half day passes 25.80 adult and 18.10 enfant (5-12yrs) which is 526.80 over 6 days. a bit of a saving but it is only til 1300 if you want to run over that will cost more.

The slopes are icy first thing but some soften up 10.30 ish
ski holidays
Coming to the end of my week in La Ros. In fairness, skiing in la Ros has been pretty much non existent but the pistes around the Col and into La Thuile have lasted well given the conditions. So just about enough to have made it worthwhile. Esf stopping lessons this week and many chalets talking of relocating guests next week as likely the resort will close a week early. They have done well to keep the runs back to resort open but very mushy come 2pm
latest report
damobloke1, a shame but a situation reflected in many resorts Crying or Very sad
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, but not in ski amade today.
snow conditions
And we got 100euros off the lift pass so not bad seeing as we got a good 5 hrs ski time everyday
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

not in ski amade today

depends which bit, I guess. Is it not the case that quite a few of the resorts in the Ski Amade are already entirely closed?
snow report
Been sent here by waynos,... he is out at the fully open Obertauern today....

I guess everywhere in Ski Amadé is closed with a few exceptions....
Hauser Kaibling
Schladming
Dachstein
Reiteralm
Zauchensee
Flachau
Wagrain
Sport Gastein

A majority of the areas require downloading to the valley but otherwise pretty much all open above mid-stations!

Razz Razz Razz
latest report
Bad Hofgastein is also open.

Kersh.
latest report
FtS made an entirely accurate observation that the poor conditions in La Rosiere (which is still open) were reflected in many other areas. Waynos then weighed in with the less than entirely accurate observation that this unfortunate situation was not reflected in Ski Amade. The fact is that (unless I have misinterpreted the excellent ski amade website) it certainly IS reflected in some parts of that area which are closed altogther. I believe it is the case that across the area as a whole the majority of lifts are shut. Still doing better than our area - where they're all shut, but let's get the facts right.
snow conditions
pam w, yes you are quite right... you have misinterpreted the excellent ski amade website wink
snow conditions
La Plagne this afternoon snowHead
latest report
The resort overview says 36% of lifts are open. What have I misinterpreted? http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/skiresorts
latest report
Have I missed something here? This is the La Rosiere thread.
snow report
Dwarf Vader, I thought that, so posted some snow for them snowHead
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, It's an early sign that the snow has gone for most. The summer Trolling has started early this year Smile
latest report
I've gone now!....Boredsurfing, looking nice!
latest report
Quote:

This is the La Rosiere thread.

Yes it is, but since Waynos pitched with a bit of smug superiority about how much better things were in the Ski Amade, there has been some discussion about the facts.

I don't know what proportion of pistes and lifts are open in the Espace San Bernardo - in Amade it's 31% and 36% respectively. At least, I think it is. I've been told I've misinterpreted the website, but have yet to be enlightened as to the correct figures. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy