Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots & Ski servicing in Tignes Le Lac

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been asked many times but I need to get some remedial work done on a pair of ski boots for one of our group (possible new footbeds) and my skis need a decent service.

Recommendations for good boot and ski places in Tignes Le Lac would be gratefully appreciated !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was having trouble with my boots there a couple of weeks ago the instructor from TDC I was skiing with recommended Nevada Sports. I didn't try them though as I decided to wait until I got home.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
on the bot front nevada is about the best option...whatch they don't try to sell them a new pair when all they want is a footbed or a stretch!!, not sure on the ski service front
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, CEM Thanks for the replies. I'll try to see if I can get him there tomorrow.

Getting skis serviced is less of a priority and may be just wishful thinking on my part Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to complete this, by encouraging a less enthusiastic approach to tightening the second (instep) boot buckles and flexing the boot before tightening up all of the buckles, we managed to solve the boot "problem". However, for future reference, Nevada Sports is not too easy to find, so if you want to avoid some searching, then walk past the Spar in Le Lac heading in Val Claret direction and go up the steps to the gallery above and Nevada Sports is a short distance along the gallery (again in the Val Claret direction).

As for ski service, a couple of days after I asked the question, the top surface of one of my skis parted company with the body of the ski at the tail. Le Vallon Blanc made a fine job of re-uniting them. They also assured me that my edges were fine and needed no attention (damn, so it was my incompetence after all Embarassed )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jtr, yes Nevada Sports is a bit difficult to find - "almost opposite the Post Office" is quite a good description. They've fitted two of my sons with boots (and refused to sell my wife anything because they didn't have anything suitable at the end of the season). Le Vallon Blanc have always been good for us for ski stuff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Freddie Paellahead,Another shout for Le Vallon Blanc.... Other half demo'd skis from them last season. I called in there last week to have my bindings checked/adjusted and they didn't charge me. They may also give a bit of discount if you show an SCGB card.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy