Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to hire avi kit in Alpe D'Huez? / borrowing in London :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anyone know a decent shop that hires out avi kit in Alpe D'Huez? Alternatively (and I've left this late as I depart for the north tomorrow evening - 21st), is there anyone based in London who'd lend me theirs for a few bits of paper with the Queen's head on?

Cheers

SSB

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 20-12-10 12:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarenne II (in the row of shops near the DMC) would be worth trying - they have a decent selection of touring kit and if it is still run by the same guy is pretty clued up

i'll lend you my old F1 which is held together with duct tape but still seems to work. in fact i'd sell it to you for not very much - you can send it off to Ortovox and they will replace the cover and do a full test for something like £60

or if you want something a bit less ghetto, you could try this:

http://www.alpineskiclub.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=50

you can pick up from Gerrards Cross
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a place near the swimming pool, with end of the pool to your right up the hill a bit and turn left then it's on your right.

That's the best I can do I'm afraid, can't remember the name. I hired stuff there after a mix up meant my bag got left behind one day, they were pretty cheap and the stuff was fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I tried a couple of years ago, I couldn't find anyone...I hope Swirly or Arno are right.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, I've bitten the bullet and ordered a BCA Tracker/shovel/probe from FaceWest for delivery to my folks - hopefully it'll arrive before we depart on the 27th Neutral
ski holidays
 brian
brian
http://www.achat-alpedhuez.com/pro15668-Location-de-Skis-de-Randonnee-a-l-ALPE-d-HUEZ-SARENNE-SPORTS.htm
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a spare Tracker you're more than welcome to borrow if you can get out west tomorrow PM me if you want the backup.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sideshow_Bob, Puzzled I could have lent you one as well especially with my lad over there?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob, Facewest are pretty good on despatching stuff. I ordered from them the weekend before last and it arrived on Wednesday using their standard free delivery.

If it doesn't arrive I can lend you a set if your up in Manchester way over Christmas, as long as I get it back for the Birthday bash. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski, kicking myself now, I knew there was another place that did packages but couldn't remember who or where it was. If I'd remembered I'd have ordered from you Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sideshow_Bob, no problem, Face west are good as well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Facewest came through in the end, delivered to my parents by lunchtime today. Thanks for all the offers though, much appreciated and will be buying people beers in return at some point.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy