Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A London ski tour

Poster: A snowHead
Snow is rare in London. It's rarer I can take advantage of it - there's no powder clause in my contract... - and almost unheard of that conditions are good enough to try south-west London's toughest ski tour. So when everything came together this Saturday to give a window of opportunity, I couldn't let it pass. My friend Alice was game enough to join me in daring to do the Haute Route du Richmond Park (and the tricky Kingston to Sheen variant at that). Some might call us foolhardy... some, just fools... this is our story...

Haute Route du Richmond Park from Will Armitage
http://vimeo.com/17990623

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 20-12-10 0:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quality. Great music choice, too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thebongolian, brilliant!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thebongolian, Thanks for that. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thebongolian, one loves a nutter round here. good job.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great stuff!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought the Sheen Variant would bring you to Earls Court. Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great video Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fabulous. Great way to start Monday Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You mentalists - and on your new skis too. Good job!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thebongolian, good work! fabulous video! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice! Was going to get into the park on Saturday but found that Bucculeuch Gardens on Richmond Hill had been perfectly pisted by hordes of sledgers and was fantastic to ski. Even managed to ski back down the pavement afterwards pretty much to my front door Smile Only slight sour moment, one massive old killjoy who had a go at me at the bottom because after giving him at least 15 feet berth, he didn't see me coming down and I may have fallen over. He got a bit flustered when I suggested that I was a lot more stable and much less likely to fall over descending the slope on skis than he was in his hush puppies, and infinitely more in control than the hundreds of kids on sledges who he ignored.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very nice. You should post it on TGR and show those frickin hipsters what real skiing is all about.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sideshow_Bob, you encountered a lesser spotted 'daily mail' reader, they are particularly aggressive at thsi time of the year, you did well to escape without being tagged for your yobbish behaviour. How dare you have FUN Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thebongolian, fantastic! And great film editing/music Toofy Grin

We had a little outing in SE london to Norwood Grove/Streatham Common - great fun snowHead
latest report
Love it! snowHead
snow report
nice!

i wish Sideshow_Bob had a vid of his altercation Laughing
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Very nice. You should post it on TGR and show those frickin hipsters what real skiing is all about.

They won't understand the soulful joy of freeing the heel in Richmond. Fules!
ski holidays
Glad it's brought some pleasure on a Monday morning - and that we weren't the only ones out there

ChrisWo, as you well know those are my old skis. It's Badger who is the mentalist though apparently they are unscathed. Your just jealous as you were in Tignes or somewhere passé lik that this weekend wink

fatbob, I've been contemplating putting it on TGR. Not sure they could handle the gnarliness...

Sideshow_Bob, sticking to the piste was wise. Snow was grippy with crust in places. But we mainly raised smiles. Particularly on public transport getting there
snow report
fab. Made my lunchtime ever so slightly more bearable. snowHead snowHead Thanks thebongolian,
snow conditions
Good stuff. Starting from Southfields Tube is a fair distance.

Apres ski ? The Park Tavern by the Kingston Gate is the best bet now the Albert has gone gastro. I might be tempted to continue on to The Willoughby though.
snow report
WHY OH WHY Did I waste my money on a week in the 3 Valleys last week when Richmond is just a couple of miles down the road!
Excellent work thebongolian!
snow report
cathy, the togonnaning hill of choice in my childhood years....
latest report
Excellent slaying of the gnar, and great edit too!

Chapeau!
ski holidays
My tour was from Kenwood House car park, skiing and skating along the ridge on Hampstead Heath to Parliament Hill (supposed to be the highest point of London) and skied down to the road by the Station, a few yards from my house. About a mile on nice firm paths. Unfortunately on my own with nobody to film me since Julieanne had twisted her ankle. (Sorry I didn't go your way, Julieanne - perhaps later in the week)

Edit: This was the second time: I did it on the 2nd too. More snow this time.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 20-12-10 23:35; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Like like like

I took a brief ski tour from Sheen gate to the top of the hill and back yesterday. Stopped on the way to watch a pair making a valiant attempt at kite ski/boarding. Didn't look like enough wind.

Looks like we might get another chance, it's snowing here again.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
cathy, the togonnaning hill of choice in my childhood years....

Really? Did you used to live round here? Here's the White House in the snow, complete with dog in mid-leap Toofy Grin

latest report
cathy, I'm a West Norwood boy, born and bred. My Great Grandfather and Grandfather were both GPs there in the Olden Times (as we used to call them as kids).
St Julian's School, then Rosemead and Alleyn's.
90 Knight's Hill and 27 Chestnut Road.

Happy childhood days....sadly WN has gone down a lot since then it seems.

Your hill was the best.....still got the same toboggan....and will be putting it to good use today somewhere else.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, I'm a governor at Julians - building another site down in W.N proper in 2012
snow conditions
I was a founder pupil when they opened in about 1967...started at Crown Dale.
ski holidays

Parliament Hill 3 weeks ago - the tobogganing (East) side. There is more snow now. The bigger descent is down the path to the south.
latest report
rungsp wrote:
cathy, I'm a West Norwood boy, born and bred.

Well fancy that Toofy Grin I've been in Upper Norwood the last 16 years and yes, I'm afraid W Norwood is a bit crummy, although some lovely houses around, with the good prices reflecting the area as it is now.
snow conditions
The house i want on Juliams farm
Road is £900k cathy,
snow report
Parliament Hill looks like it will be my next stop if enough snow comes before the weekend.

Was at Ally Paly on Sunday. The snow was ok for some snowboarders to have short runs up to the odd jump, but not enough for me to be comfortable about not messing up my bases (precious i know...). plus, there were tons of people out sledgling and didnt want to get in their way.
There was, oddly, the lovely smell of freshly cut grass in the air from all of the sledging that was going on....

But parliament hill. cant wait til the next snow....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy