Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski Boot-fitting Association

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow Snowheads,
I thought I would inform you of BSBA (British Ski Boot-fitters Association) and its website www.skibootpro.co.uk. We are a committee of some the UK's top ski boot-fitting guru's including Hamish Wolfenden and Colin Martin. We have started this association to raise the profile and standard of ski boot-fitting in the UK and provide support and training through Skibootpro courses. Please have a look and any feedback appreciated. Ps BSBA is also on facebook under "British Ski Boot-fitting Association".
Merry Xmas!
Euan Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good work, nice idea. All the best.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Long overdue, well done on getting this of the ground
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nice one
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great idea, nice website. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the thumbs up, we have been thinking about it for years and finally got our acts together! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If Colin's backing it it must be genuine. Great idea, good luck guys.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Too much text! Cut it down by 50% and use a bigger font too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can I order me boots online?? Razz Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think there's no great harm on a fair amount of text on this kind of website - if people want to find out, they'll read. Sites which have no "meat" are annoying, however glitzy. However, I'd get rid of superfluous apostrophes. There's one at the bottom of the "members" link. wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
this is just the start, the website will be improved over the next few months as content gets added, trying to get this off the ground at this time of year is a tough call, lots of effort has gone in and it will hopefully get accepted by both the public and the industry as time goes on..... cetainly the response so far has been very encouraging

RobW, not something we want to cut down on, this is an information site and needs to provide information, for the public and for bootfitters who wish to join the association
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. had quite a few people asking for locations of good ski boot-fitters, so there is obviously a need for our existence, which is great! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bigU, good one and welcome to snowHeads snowHead

barry wrote:
can I order me boots online??

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, Yes, I agree you need the text somewhere, but having so much on the very first page make it very intimidating to joe public who doesn't understand what ski boot fitting is and why it is important. You need to sell boot fitting on the first page, to make the visitor want to find out more detail.

And actually you've already addressed my concern by re-laying out the first paragraph with a lot more space and as a result the visitor isn't so overwhelmed by the text.
snow conditions
Who is the audience for the website, is it the public or people in the trade? (I know when looking for a gas engineer that I want one that is CORGI registered, but I don't intend reading the CORGI website).
ski holidays
the site has to fulfill 2 roles and in time will split into 2 distinct areas

1 people in the trade, what the association can offer them, how they join, courses etc
&
2 the public, where they can find a member, what level they are trained to and useful information on boot fitting much of which you may have read here in the past!

currently we need to get this up and running at a low cost as there are no funds coming in to support this as yet, when the following is esablished and the money/time is available it will be done

everyone involved in this at this early stage is involved pretty heavily in the industry, it is a busy time of year, but we did want to get this started now so it wouldn't just be left over the summer and forgotten about

keep the feedback coming we need to know what the public wants
latest report
rich.ll wrote:
Who is the audience for the website, is it the public or people in the trade? (I know when looking for a gas engineer that I want one that is CORGI registered, but I don't intend reading the CORGI website).

[pedantic]actually you're looking for a GasSafe engineer these days, CORGI now defunct[/pedantic]

Good luck with the site, if you ever get custom fit snowboard boots, I've got your first customer lined up, with size 1.5 feet and a history of foot pain from half a dozen pairs of ill-fitting boots...
latest report
Richard_Sideways, 1.5 feet? What does that mean? We do Snowboard boots, it's a bit tricky but possible with a good quality boot.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, a female friend has size one and a half feet (uk) and constantly has problems finding snowboard boots in anyting approaching her size. Kids boots fit at the foot but not in the calf. As a result she has to overtighten her bindings to compensate the loose boots and loses feeling in her feet very quickly resulting in something we call "The Jo Dance" which involves her collapsing, removing her board and jumping hopping and stamping around the side of the slope to encourage the feeling back.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, Ah, ok, Salomon will make the Lilly and Optima next year in size 22, they are as good a snowboard boots get in this size, keep your eyes peeled. Whatever that actually means, peeling your eyelids back i guess, all sounds a bit "Saw" to me.
latest report
She uses Salomons now as they were the closest to fitting she could find. 22 mondo - that'd equate to a size 3.5 womens uk if this googled table is correct. What about the practicalities of modifying a junior boot to accomodate the calf?
latest report
pam w wrote:
However, I'd get rid of superfluous apostrophes. There's one at the bottom of the "members" link. wink

I can't see them - have they gone? If it was something like "Members' link" then that is correct and certainly not superfluous (unless you want to get rid of posessive apostrophes altogether).
ski holidays
Merry Xmas!,
I have taken on board the comments made and changed the site a bit; it's easier to read and have reduced the text on the home page moving it to the info/training page. Should be more accessible now?
Cheers,
Big U Very Happy
latest report
Nice one guys.
ski holidays
bigU wrote:
any feedback appreciated.

Forum colours

yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck
snow report
Ok, cheers for that! Had thought they might be a bit yucky!Confused
snow conditions
To add to this good idea, why don't we form the British Binge Drinking Association to advise misinformed punters of the dangers of lager?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi snowheads,
Just to let you know that BSBA has been updated significantly and has a Logo. We have had a few referrals already which is great as we are not officially launched yet. Any comments always appreciated. the site continues to evolve and many of the suggestions have been taken on board.
Anyhow have a look www.skibootpro.co.uk

Cheers,
E Smile
ski holidays
Looking much better. Suggest you swap the "why BSBA founded" with the "what do we do" as, to be perfectly honest, most customer don't care why you were founded...
ski holidays
Guys,

sort out the photos and make sure they are in the correct aspect ratio. Much like fonts and layouts lots of people will not notice, but lot's of people will and looking professional will back up all of your good work in getting this set up.

Other suggestions from an organisation perspective (apols if I missed this on my quick look through) , provide independant accreditation of boot fitting staff at major outlets, so when us mere mortals go to EB, SandR etc we can look for the guys who have the appropriate badge and know they have your training backup. Now of course this may take some direct sales from you but an organisation and accreditation carries weight by the training, qualification process and knowledge that the people trained have. There is little point in a small group defining, agreeing and implementing a training and accreditation process if it's just between you. You do what you do well because you know your stuff, so use that and sell your knowledge and training (on the understanding that you may lose some direct sales because of it) but in the knowledge that us as end customers will be happier and those that really want to spend their money will still come back to those that set the standard. Me included....

As an aside - Colin. Loving the Atomics 130's I had just after christmas, only been used in fridges but getting better every time I use them, I've put the 'things' you removed back in now and getting now pressure points, even considering putting the extra stiffeners in to allow more edge pressure. what do you think? Also the brother in law thinks his Dalbello's are superb (feel free to PM rather than clog this thread up).
ski holidays
Guys,

sort out the photos and make sure they are in the correct aspect ratio. Much like fonts and layouts lots of people will not notice, but lot's of people will and looking professional will back up all of your good work in getting this set up.

Other suggestions from an organisation perspective (apols if I missed this on my quick look through) , provide independant accreditation of boot fitting staff at major outlets, so when us mere mortals go to EB, SandR etc we can look for the guys who have the appropriate badge and know they have your training backup. Now of course this may take some direct sales from you but an organisation and accreditation carries weight by the training, qualification process and knowledge that the people trained have. There is little point in a small group defining, agreeing and implementing a training and accreditation process if it's just between you. You do what you do well because you know your stuff, so use that and sell your knowledge and training (on the understanding that you may lose some direct sales because of it) but in the knowledge that us as end customers will be happier and those that really want to spend their money will still come back to those that set the standard. Me included....

As an aside - Colin. Loving the Atomics 130's I had just after christmas, only been used in fridges but getting better every time I use them, I've put the 'things' you removed back in now and getting no pressure points, even considering putting the extra stiffeners in to allow more edge pressure. what do you think? Also the brother in law thinks his Dalbello's are superb (feel free to PM rather than clog this thread up).
snow report
Looks ok to me and could be very useful if I needed boots.

I would mention that the last courses ran out 2 months ago !
snow report
bigU, In the Member Finder page, the web addresses and e-mails could do with being links...
snow report
Thanks for the advice everyone, we plan to make a more impressive website in the future, once we have more funds. We are restricted by templates at the moment which stretches the images in places, however this will change. So far the feedback about what we are doing has been fantastic and we have already refereed quite a few people with positive results. The aim is to be inclusive, not exclusive, and we do hope that the major retailers come on board in the future. BSBA has been set up to benefit the public, individual boot fitters and retailers alike. Will look at changing the websites to links. Cheers all! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy