Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone! I'm about to head out for another season and I'm having a great debate on what skis to buy now. I've been skiing all my life and would class myself as an advanced skier, this being my 18th or 19th year on the pistes. Up until now I've been skiing on Head GS skis, 100% racing/piste skis but I feel that if I am to buy my own skis for recreational use they need to be more multipurpose.

I'm looking for:
All mountain ability
Twin tipped
Good carving ability
Lots of speed

I'm:
5ft 10
65kg
Experienced skier, racing, all mountain, looking to start park skiing as well.

I realise that whatever I buy will never offer the speed and carving ability of the GS racing skis I used but I don't want to compromise to much in this department.
I've been thinking about Armada AR7's as they seem to tick all the boxes, twin tipped, good carving ability and fast but I'd love to hear any other suggestions. I've saved money for this season so I have a relatively wide price range. Thanks in advance for any advice!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are the Armada's not pretty soft? Do you ski offpiste much?

If I was looking for one ski to use for a whole season, I'd be looking for a 90-100mm underfoot twin tip, fairly stiff both tortionally and lateraly - so you'll still have good edge grip for big carves - Line Prophet 90's or 100's, Dynastar Big Troubles/Sixth Sense Bigs or Sixth Sense Slicers, etc. If you're taking your gs skis too for use on bulletproof days, you could look for soemthing a wee bit wider like the Volkl Gotama.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should have use of GS skis while I'm there for days I feel the need to fly. The main reason I looked at the Armadas was that the park is my weakest area of skiing and what I'm looking to develop next, while retaining some on-piste ability. My brother just took delivery of some Head J.O. Pros which look amazing and seem to fill a lot of the above criteria.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scott Punishers Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jakejenks, Whitedot Ones are exactly what you're looking for.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys for all the advice, there are obviously many to choose from so getting a consensus of opinion is hard so I'll keep weighing them up, thanks!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Black Crows Navis.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy