Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mondo sizes for boots...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, quick question about boot sizes. Hopefully shouldn't be tricky to answer for someone that knows their boots. Looking to get some new boots, freestyle specific. Looking at Full Tilt (I'm limited to a few companies, my mondo is 30.5). What I want to know is, if any 2 pairs of boots are the same mondo size, will the shell be the same length? If not, what are the chances? Just want to know if they aren't going to fit my skis without redrilling the bindings etc.

Cheers,
Murray
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
phone up the shop/email manufacturer and ask them the boot sole length for the size you're after

I have boots from one manufacturer at mondo 28, another manufacturer at mondo 29.5, both the perfect fit for me Shocked , so it can vary quite a bit
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hah, good idea! I've measured my Head Edge 10s, sole length of 34.7cm. My bindings have been drilled to that size, what's the sort of leeway I can get away with in difference in length, if any??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what's your binding? some have a bit of movement possible (if it aint already maxed out Shocked ), you know what they say about a man with a big mondo wink (at least i certainly hope you're a man Shocked )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marker Jester... I'm afraid I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to bindings, so I wouldn't know if its maxed out. How would I check? Hahaha yeah I am, don't sweat it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wouldnt have a scooby about the jester, someone will be along soon who'll know though no doubt or you could try hunting down a tech manual on line that'll give you some specs on it etc., though I'd be careful fannyin about with binder doings unless you're pretty confident with it (but once you know what to tweak, you're sound).

EDIT: twas simpler than we thought rolling eyes :

http://fulltiltboots.com/support/sizing

shhweet
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Murray, surely all bindings will adjust to fit different boot sizes (within a range) without needing to be redrilled. It would only be a problem if as barry, said you already have them as large as they will go, then got an even bigger boot. (Or am I missing something here?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Barry - thanks a lot, I don't know how on earth I missed that!

Wigan - I'd like to think so, but I know nothing about bindings. Would certainly make sense.

Now all I've got to do is find the one that fits. I can't try FTs on because nowhere near where I am stocks them, so I'm trying to get it right first time. Am I right in thinking that FTs are traditionally a bit smaller than other boots?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Murray, would you not rather visit a bootfitter that knows what they're doing than risk picking the wrong size/boot from the internet?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No because where I live, the nearest mountain shops aren't THAT near, and they have very limited stock in my size. For freestyle specific boots, they have absolutely none that would even come close to fitting me, because the major brands' freestyle boots eg Salomon SPK aren't even made in my size, let alone stocked. Which definitely sucks.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Murray,The Jester plate has about 2.5cm of adj and I expect you will be set approx the middle. You can get a demo plate with about 7cm of adj using the same mounting holes. Obviously if you go bigger or smaller you will be slightly off centre. Mondo sizes vary by about 10mm and I’ve seen more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy