Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fire in the Frejus Tunnel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Type23,
From memory you have to use the return within 7 days, so you need ot watch when you are returning.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the replies - I eventually found their website.

Yes davidof, my cynacism at Euro beauracracy and construction timetables outweighed the almost obvious - but unconfirmed - conclusion Blush

Type23, I did consider Grenoble, but this is for a long weekend and I am trying to maximise skiing time and the flights to Grenoble were more inconvenient i.e. middle of day instead of 7:00am out and 22:00pm return. According to Via Michelin (which has let me down before) it should be around 1:15 minutes? My return will be within 7 days and will cost (according to now found website) 38 euros ... unless it goes up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agavin,
Did the selfsame trip last year and from memory the drive was a bit longer than that maybe 1 hr 45- 2 hrs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agavin,
Agree with T Bar, I was really booting it and it still took me just under 2 hrs ! I'd avoid using Hertz for hire car (took ages to get served/car!) Go for AVIS they really got people sorted quickly ! also don't forget to order snowchains + check they are the right size to fit wheels before leaving airport !

p.s your right about Viamichelin ! tried to send me via COL DU MONT-CENIS when I was planning my journey last time. What it neglected to say was that pass is totally closed/impassable in Winter ! In fact you end up skiing on it when you get to Val Cenis, it's supposed to form part of the longest Blue run in Europe Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agavin wrote:

Yes davidof, my cynacism at Euro beauracracy and construction timetables outweighed the almost obvious - but unconfirmed - conclusion.

Nothing says there can't be another fire. Anyway I have to drive to Turin first thing tomorrow, will let you know if there is anything interesting (like a burning truck in the tunnel). For 38 roros I would sooner driver o'er the pass.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof wrote:
agavin wrote:

Yes davidof, my cynacism at Euro beauracracy and construction timetables outweighed the almost obvious - but unconfirmed - conclusion.

Nothing says there can't be another fire. Anyway I have to drive to Turin first thing tomorrow, will let you know if there is anything interesting (like a burning truck in the tunnel). For 38 roros I would sooner driver o'er the pass.

Okay Frejus fully open and hardly a vehicle from Chambéry to Turin - car advertising type roads. Didn't do the tunnel as I had to go to Val Cenis first and decided to drive over the wonderful 2000m Mont Cenis pass - fantastic late autumn weather, road covered with snow drifting from the Val Cenis snow canons (tx!). Frozen ice waterfalls and the whole mountain on fire for the return trip.

Val Cenis Snow Canons

Fire on the south side of the Cime du Laro (2881m).

La Dent Parrachée

Dome de Chasseforet, Glacier de l'Arpont, Glacier de la Mahure

Lac Mont Cenis

It has been a dry autumn (hence fire I suppose) and you can see there is virtually no snow below 3000 meters in the upper Maurienne and Vanoise. The crevasses on the glacier are clearly visible.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy