Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why you should do car hire from the Swiss side at GVA...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...at least if you're arriving late...

My plane landed at 1am this morning at GVA and, unfortunately, the skis took 75 minutes to arrive at baggae reclaim.

So, at 2:20am I was pleasantly surprised to see the lovely (Swiss-side) Alamo rep still waiting for me - because I'd phoned ahead to let them know I was definitely coming.

The bloke in front of me had booked with Alamo on the French side. He'd also phoned ahead. The French side had gone home dead on midnight. There was a note for the bloke saying so.

Thank you Alamo.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

There was a note for the bloke saying so.

How very thoughtful. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FlyingStantoni, that's all very well but if you're 2nd flight to GVA gets cancelled that doesn't help...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also, good luck finding the french side of Geneva airport when returning a hire car. It's neither signposted nor obvious.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great, I am hiring from Alamo, french side, what with all the flight delays etc I'm not expecting to arrive on time either. What do you do in these circumstances if the car hire guy decided to bug off home?????? All Genuine suggestions welcome wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
greeners, welcome to snowheads. You're right, it's neither, but there are heaps of clear instructions here on snowheads.

moosty, what time are you due to arrive? It's also sometimes difficult to get into the French side, if it's late. I waited outside the locked door but fortunately one of the other people waiting was a rather snooty Frenchman who got on his mobile and bawled someone out and they came running along doffing their caps. That was about 11 pm IIRC.

I have no idea what you'd do if the hire car man had gone home (I was in my own car, which was parked on the French side). Hire whatever was available on the Swiss side, I guess, then try to get your money back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arrive on the 26th sunday, 16.15 but with the chaos at the minute expecting delays and boxing day, bet they won't hang around long rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moosty, their website should say when they're open till. I'd expect them to be open till the time they say, but not many seconds after that. wink Unless you're very late, you should be fine.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moosty, something similar happened to us about 5-6 years ago - arrived several hours late at 1am. First ended up on the Swiss side by mistake, where the car hire desks were still manned. Once we were let through to the French side there was of course no-one there. So trapsed back to Swiss side to have another go, and were told there was a phone and number to call. So back to French side - no answer to phone, so back towards Swiss side again. By this time the security guy was getting a bit tetchy - as he doubled as some kind of baggage controller - so he made it very clear this was the last time he was going to open the gate, and it was up to us which side of it we wanted to stay once he locked it for the last time. Back at the Swiss side desk we got sorted out with a car and they sorted it out with their French colleagues, IIRC - unfortunately the car was a bit smaller than we'd ordered so it was a bit of a crush, but everything worked out in the end. I think the bottom line was that the French guys go home after the last Air France flight has come through, so if you're after that you'll have to sweet-talk the Swiss staff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy