Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice for diabetic skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
martone, excellent. snowHead As I said somewhere earlier in this thread, because diabetics learn to think ahead, and plan ahead, they often do better than the folk who just dash out there unthinking, having done zero exercise for half a century, then wonder why they don't feel so well. Glad it went well.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. We flew from Chambery to southampton today and - apropos some of the posts above - were asked for the first time in 37 years of flying with insulin and syringes, for a doctors certificate. We didn't have one. It caused a hold up - not serious because we were checking in, on a Thursday, for a half empty flight with plenty of time to spare. Fortunately the OH remembered he had a copy of a prescription for insulin in his bag, and that did the trick - but there was a fair bit of faffing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Yeah... I always keep a prescription handy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We'll get a doctors note before we fly back - it's just never cropped up before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
that's proper jobsworth stuff, i've hauled product samples through loads of times and never had any hassle (always declared i had em and what they were, and always waived through after a quick inspection)

a well aimed headbutt would do the trick but alas would be a bit counter-productive rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I once had Swiss customs go through my toiletry bag, pull out a handful of used insulin pen needles and ask me if I really needed them. I was gonna quip that I was planning on taping them to my fingers but resisted and just said 'no... you can take them'. He looked a little nonplussed and then gave me them back. Why bloody ask in the first place then??? Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

a well aimed headbutt would do the trick

Puzzled the girl was very sweet, and took quite a bit of trouble to ensure we could get through OK without the doctors certificate saying he was diabetic. She apologised for the delay when she gave us the boarding passes, and then when the same girl was checking boarding passes at the gate (small airport.... maybe it was also she who served our coffee....) she wished us a good flight with a nice smile and every appearance of being a friendly, helpful, customer-facing employee.

I have to confess that head-butting hadn't crossed my mind, and if that's the first reaction of many passengers it's astonishing that so many people at airports are as polite as they are.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is interesting. I have a Doctors note somewhere and prescriptions but I have got out of the way of carrying them as we have never been asked for them. Guess i better add that back on the list of things to stress about before flying.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, soz, forgot the laughy smiley, I'm a lover not a fighter... (and i go through airports enough to know that a cheery attitude is far better than a grumpy/aggressive attitude when going through all the doings - i always seem to get swabbed Shocked Laughing ). Hakuna Matata and peace out
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The OH has now got a letter from the GP - whether he'll ever remember to have it handy when flying, and whether he'll ever be asked again is anybody's guess.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy