Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport update

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, Why not grab a Club booking later in the week and sort it out with them ( refuse to pay/demand refund) afterwards?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agenterre, MMB is offering us the option of having a full refund. It's almost as if thy don't want to fly Jane out this week Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre wrote:
rob@rar, Why not grab a Club booking later in the week and sort it out with them ( refuse to pay/demand refund) afterwards?

That's an idea. What do you think would be the chances of them refusing to refund/cancel the Club booking? We do have an easyjet booking on Christmas Eve which is our fallback position (although I might get so p'eed off that I just drive home).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a flight from amnchester to chambery at 07.30 tomorrow. I bloody hope so anyway as we're supposed to be on it :S
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, If you take a Fully Flexible it's refundable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre wrote:
rob@rar, If you take a Fully Flexible it's refundable.

Thanks, I'll see if that's a good option for us.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sums it up really

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's like Stansted on any night of the year
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin Matthews on the BBC this morning offering mealy mouthed platitudes when challenged directly on his £500k CAPEX (cf £8-9m LGW) and unable to confirm facts which were contained in his own press release quoted above - Cnut. Hope he gets the Tony Hayward style axe without a payoff.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, Agenterre, oh, CRAP! Hope you both sort something out.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, He's not that good .... all he understands is random cost-cutting and asset-stripping.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fitzwilliams at Swiss have now today cancelled my flight for Thursday am already Evil or Very Mad , i.e. over 40 hours ahead of the scheduled departure. How is this such a complete balls up? There were a few snowflakes fell last night, but essentially nothing's changed since Sat am. So they've had 3 days already to clear things up; it's not particularly cold now - was above freezing when I drove in this morning - and they're still cancelling flights, and by Thurs am will be 5 days. There appears to be just one flight still on sale from southern England before boxing day - by Swiss from LHR Shocked on Thurs pm at £370. Other than that the closest appears to be Birmingham. Estar is a complete mess, but because that exists it looks like a right PITA to travel as foot passenger by ferry. So looks like the Xmas getaway is knocked on the head Sad . The only saving grace is that the off-piste in Zermatt looks to be pretty poo-poo at the moment. It's about time for one, so I predict a riot!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GrahamN, Mad Mad How very, very, annoying. Sympathies. (Not that that's much use)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, BAA caught napping - No excuse at not getting second runway open until Thursday am at earliest when last significant snowfall was Saturday midday. I hope regulators fine them heavily and/or airlines sue. Airlines not blameless as their information/rebooking systems have been proven to be inadequate also. Force Majeure maybe 1 day fair enough but when they patently are underprepared and underesourced it should be ton of bricks time.

I think this is one occasion where the airlines have been totally screwed over. AIUI BAA are allocating them slots based prorata on the number that they usually have so they are having to axe 50%-70% of their flights regardless. At least they've now wised up to a realistic position where you don't get the cancellation after sitting on the stand for 4 or 5 hours and can save on travel to airport etc although this has largely been prompted by safety issues from overcrowding in terminals.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GrahamN, Sad
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
GrahamN, BAA caught napping - No excuse at not getting second runway open until Thursday am at earliest when last significant snowfall was Saturday midday.

A bit different to how Stockholm Arlanda copes with snow - see BBC News. Quote:
"In fact, in the five decades since Stockholm-Arlanda opened, it has never closed because of snow, says Anders Bredfell, press relations manager with owner Swedavia" Shocked
snow conditions
Commercial Director of BAA was on news this morning announcing that they have agreed one third reduction in flights with all airlines, the first time this has been achieved. Some boast that!
ski holidays
Colin B, ... appalling .... bottom line is that at the end of today ( and tomorrow), Heathrow will have an additional 60,000 passengers who will be stuck not going anywhere so people going away before Xmas will have to hope that there are more 'cancellations' of business travellers who don't take the risk on schedules than the lost capacity ... and that this matches where they want to go. BA can use bigger planes ( subject to availability) but still doesn't look good. Alas for folks on here it is the short-haul schedules that are taking the hits.
snow report
GrahamN wrote:
Fitzwilliams at Swiss have now today cancelled my flight for Thursday am already Evil or Very Mad , i.e. over 40 hours ahead of the scheduled departure

So I'm now sitting at my desk writing this when I should have been just arriving on the slopes. What makes this particularly galling is that, as expected, LHR seems to be mostly back to normal today - i.e. some delays, but all running - and my flight appears to be the only one they've cancelled today. Checking the website gave nothing until Boxing day, but phoning direct gave a possibility of a late evening flight on Xmas eve (which now looks as if it's their one cancellation tomorrow) or a 2pm flight on Xmas day (although I'd then have severe problems getting to the airport), so I'm so p*ssed off I've binned the whole trip.
snow report
GrahamN, Sad Have you tried anyone else ? Tomorrow will be a good day to "Try" as everyone will pull the stops out not to have anyone left at the airport. Monitoring both BA and Swiss might just achieve results. Also monitor EJ flights -- as there are loads of people allegedly moving reservations with them as they can up their original BA bookings.

I got out to Marseille yesterday ... much faster than I expected. Bit of a drive but better than watching the world pass by in airports.
latest report
GrahamN, try a different outbound airport. For example we had a fair bit snow in the midlands yesterday and although there were some short delays, there were no cancellations and everything is operating normally today. Judging by the websites, Luton and Stansted are operating normally too if you don't want to drive that far.
snow report
Agenterre, queen bodicea, I'm so p*ssed off with the whole thing I've given up. The only thing pre-booked or that I can't re-use on other trips (other than the flight) was a hostel, so I'll get that back from travel insurance. If it were my only trip this year I'd be keener on finding alternatives, but this was a sort of add-on trip this year (I have 4 others), so I'm not too bothered about losing this one.
snow conditions
GrahamN, I dont blame you being hacked off ... it's infuriating when you see anything handled this badly.
snow report
GrahamN, Sad glad you have four more trips lined up though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy