Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt - Which skipass ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Off for a weeks skiing in Zermatt in February and looking to purchase a ski pass over the internet through the Zermatt ticket portal.

We are planning to ski across to Cervina once or twice and would welcome peoples recommendations on which skipass is the most appropriate ?

Cheers Jon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
as a general rule, those who go to Zermatt in Feb are not short of a bob or two, so assuming that's you, just get the International pass and then you can come and go as you please
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon987, Welcome to snowheads. Zermatt is a great place and you'll love it. I've been a couple of times and have bought the international pass both times. I think I worked out that it was cheaper than day extensions if you make a couple of trips over. Bad weather can close the link however and you could lose out if it lasts for several days.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jon987, if you look at the prices for the International vs the Zermatt only pass + the CHF40 add on charge per Cervinia day ( http://www.ski-zermatt.com/skipass.html ), it's better to get the international if you go over to Cervinia more than once in 5 days. If you're there for more than 5 days days and only go over once it's cheaper to get the Zermatt only and 1 add-on - but you've then lost a bit if you decide to go twice. All depends on how much you plan to go over to Cervinia. If you like long cruisy runs, Cervinia is a good place to go. It's not known for its off-piste but from what I saw there the one day I went over it looks like there's a fair bit of quite nice stuff off the edges and between the pistes as well (particularly as there's next to noone over there skiing it).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon987, I went last Jan and got the International pass, went over to Cervinia on 4 different days, loved it over there, sunshine, nice food, I'm a bit of an Italophile, probably should have stayed there instead!

Made sense too as the chalet was near the Klein Matterhorn lifts. They also had fresh snow on the Italian side, Zermatt side was a bit hard and icy by comparison. You definitely need to go over once to do the Ventina run from the Klein Matterhorn down to Valtournenche (22km & 2300m vertical), you might get hooked! Had lunch at the lovely Chalet Etoile before playing a bit and heading back over the top by 3pm.

Of course skied the Zermatt side around Trockener Steg too on the way back, did the Gornergrat and Sunegga areas too, nice run off the back of the Rothorn.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Guys for all the great advice....International Skipass looks the way to go. Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy