Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lightweight Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Bony muscle?

99 problems and ski weight aint one
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2plank, Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh, to be a man and to have no problem carrying heavy skis! rolling eyes

...but then I'd have to put up with having a hairy back. Eww!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2plank, It would seem to be more comfortable to carry skis if you are fat bloke with fat shoulders. Are you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No ive got the more traditional muscular muscle on my shoulders. Also find it helps not to carry them but to actually ski on them. Funnily enough this also helps my skiing far more than any question I have asked ever did
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2plank, Specifically,when being carried, the edge of my skis regularly dig into the insertion point of the upper trapezuis into the Acromion, and probably some other muscles round there as well. Did not used to happen with skinny skis, only seems to be modern kit. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowy, the last Snowy I knew had a hairy back and purred when she was stroked wink Didn't try to make her carry my skis though.

snowbunny, which is the lower trapezius?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, Trapezius upper& lower, one muscle really, but Lordosis can make it look like two." Lower" area AFAIK extending in origin from attachment on scapula, in a broad arrowhead shape as far as T12.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They really have to be on the shoulder or they are heavy to anyone, but especially women. But if you balance them right you shouldn't even have to hold them, or at least just a steadying hand..and lay them flat.....!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, Agreed mostly, but do you mean right on top of the shoulder joint? There is a balance point for the ski lengthways "fore & aft" on the shoulder. The wide body of the ski is what causes me problems at the moment. Maybe I need to choose a resort with no ski carrying, or get someone else to carry them Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny,

Getting a reliable humper is always a good thing......... but I put the ski flat just before the binding as it is almost the narrowest point of the ski and takes the binding out of the way. Some skis balance better here than others but the balancing hand then just pulls the tips down slightly to keep it in place. If you then push the elbow out so the arm is parallel to the ground you have hitched up the muscle to be as accomodating as it will ever be in this situation.

So, no, not flat on the bone. Of course if you get it wrong it hurts, if you get it right you can carry for ages...well at least for 10 mins or so. And I only wear a shell and fleece with a small pack so I am not padding the shoulder too much.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT,
Quote:

Getting a reliable humper is always a good thing

Well absolutely Very Happy
Meanwhile back at the skis, What irritates me is that I used to be able to carry skis, occasionally 2 pairs, and often skis+poles+boots for the longer hikes to lifts. I'm hoping that new skis next winter will relieve the shoulder problem. Well that was my justification anyway.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't you wear a jacket when you ski? That should cushion your shoulders a bit.

I am an ass aren't I Smile . Sorry i was having a bad day. LOL, i like your charisma though!
Adapt and overcome, hahahaha Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
huckingfellers,[quote]
Don't you wear a jacket when you ski? That should cushion your shoulders a bit.
[/quote
Yes 99% of the time, and a rucksack as well. For a brief time in the 80's padded shoulders were put in ski jackets (bliss). Mostly I think it's Prolink arms and similar ski top dressing that catches my apparently delicate shoulders! I'm such a sensitive soul Little Angel
Quote:

I am an ass aren't I

Aren't we all snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LOL Indeed . Wear a spyder Venom Puffy Jacket. Sweet jacket for wet dry and moderately to freezing cold temps. It is a 700 fill down jacket with ripstop weaving. Not great on warmer days though, it will cook ya.

So much closer to the snow almost august which is almost september , then closer to october(maybe skiing) which is close to november( were skiing) . snowHead snowHead snowHead bring on the snow gods!! Twisted Evil
snow report
huckingfellers, Snow, Bring it on snowHead
snow conditions
snowbunny, Telemarking ?
ski holidays
ski, Free heel is under consideration, once I get the hang of the DH planks snowHead
ski holidays
snowbunny,

Don't worry about the shoulders if ass is ok...!!

And Prolink, another reason not to use Salamons..!!
latest report
JT,
Quote:

And Prolink, another reason not to use Salamons

Lots of ski makers seem to be using stiffening arms under the ski topsheet now though, not good for me, though I guess I should be prepared to suffer for my sport wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy