Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy Jet baggage allowances change from April 5th

Poster: A snowHead
Just got this e mail from EJ
I don't think it has been posted before but if it has please feel free to have the usual flame war.
Quote:
Hand Baggage
From April 5th we have updated our pricing policy for hold luggage and for oversized cabin baggage that needs to be checked into the hold.

The following charges apply:
At the airport check-in desk: If you purchase a bag to be checked into the hold and/or we notice that your cabin bag exceeds the maximum allowed dimensions, you will be charged 30 CHF per bag
At the boarding gate: If you go directly to the boarding gate and your one permitted item of cabin baggage exceeds the maximum allowed dimensions you will be charged 50 CHF and your bag will be checked into the hold
Remember: easyJet allows one item of hand baggage into the cabin per person; maximum dimensions are 56 x 45 x 25 cm.

To keep our fares low, be able to board the plane as quickly as possible and ensure your comfort onboard, if you bring more than one piece of hand baggage we'll check the extra piece into the hold. Hand bags, briefcases, laptops and laptop bags are all counted as one piece, so if you have a trolley and, for example, an additional hand bag or laptop bag you'll be asked to put those items into your trolley bag. If you can't consolidate your cabin baggage into one single item, one of your bags will be checked into the hold and we will have to charge you 50 CHF. We do this to ensure that we don't delay the boarding process and bring everyone to their destination on time.

To get the best price pre-book your hold baggage online. You can do this when booking your flight or by adding it to an existing booking via my easyJet.com.

http://mail.easyjet.com/go.asp?/bEAS001/mGBJFYYF/u135036/xTW7P0ZF

PS. Sorry prices are in CHF but I guess it's because my next flight is from GVA.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why do they bother with this bit:
Quote:
We do this to ensure that we don't delay the boarding process and bring everyone to their destination on time.

Puzzled Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure what's new - other than that they are obviously incentivising on board staff to hit people for 50CHF at boarding. How dos lots of people faffing to make payments at boarding help the plane get away on time?

Incidentally recent experience on BA transatlantic suggests they've become an Easyjet type scrum for locker space as hold bag allowances have been dropped.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not surprised.

Hurtle, To be fair, the last couple of times I've been with them the EJ boarding process descended into chaos on the plain as people fought for overhead space to store their 'hand luggage' which was mostly the hard cased, wheeled verity. In the end cabin crew had to transfer some of it had to go in the hold anyway which lost the flight time.

Of course it's only a problem on busy flights, but I guess EJ want all their flights to be busy.

The flip side is that EJ's luggage policy encourages people to 'Max out' their hand luggage to avoid extra charges.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
david@mediacopy wrote:

Of course it's only a problem on busy flights, but I guess EJ want all their flights to be busy.

It used to only be on the Italian flights. Now it's everywhere. We have taken to asking the dispatcher for not only the pax figure, but also the amount of bags in the hold. It's not unusual to have a full flight (A319=156; A320=180) and only thirty-odd bags in the hold.

It was much easier when you could only carry on a single clear small carrier bag with your passport and wallet in it Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last time we flew back from Geneva to Gatwick a couple of weeks ago and returned in the evening they made quite a thing at the gate about saying that the plane was full and that they would need to have volunteers to have their 'hand baggage' checked into the hold - at no cost. Guy in Geneva was great, he made this announcement and then stepped from behind the desk and went 'I'll have yours, yours and yours' to the first three people he spotted with big bags - and then a few others went forward.

They really could be much stricter about the size of bag they allow though - some so-called hand luggage was huge - and to give them their due it does hold up the boarding process when people are blocking the aisle faffing about trying to squeeze a bag into a small space.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, It would help if the ground contractor actually checked the size of alledged cabin bags, what they let through at GVA is amazing, my last trip one guy had two wheeled bags both obviously larger than allowed AND a laptop bag, no one said anything. When he got on board he left both by the jump(?) seats at the back, making no attempt to use the lockers, presumably it was a regular thing for him to do.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
david@mediacopy,
I agree with you. I recently flew EasyJet with hand luggage only and because I was one of the last people to board, not late just one of the last, there was no locker space left and the staff told me there was no alternative but to put my regulation size bag in the hold. My bag had a laptop and some important papers in it which I did not really want put in the hold so I had to undo the bag in the aisle and remove all these and stuff them in my pockets etc. At Grenoble I then had to retrieve my bag from the luggage carousel instead of just walking through. So I think what Easyjet is doing is fair enough, they have a set size and no weight limit for hand baggage, so yes charge extra to those who take a chance with what sometimes looks like a bag big enough to carry the kitchen sink.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As with lots of these discussions before, it's the inconsistency that is annoying. I went through Liverpool airport on Easyjet, having checked in a hold bag, but carrying a laptop bag and a small handbag. The chap at the gate to the lounge area, wouldn't let me through on the basis that I had two pieces of hand-luggage. I had to decant the contents of the handbag, and the bag itself, into the laptop bag - easy enough to do, as neither were full. Whilst doing this, under his watchful eye, a dozen people passed me carrying huge rucksacks or wheeled cases (which looked to be at the very maximum of 'regulation size') AND at least one bag of duty-free. What was the difference? Irritating and inconsistent Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anniepen, absolutely right - we all appreciate the same rules applying.
Boredsurfing, - maybe it was one of the Easyjet people's friends or an off duty member of staff!

I was furious last year on a Delta flight back from Atlanta to the UK to have nowhere to put my not very large piece of handbaggage as by the time we were allowed on the plane the overhead lockers anywhere near our seats were jammed with huge pieces of 'hand luggage'. I just walked down the aisle to the attendant who said first come, first served - not very easy when you are held back to board in row order - and so I just left the bag at her feet and it got put away. And brought back when we landed luckily.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anniepen,
"I had to decant the contents of the handbag, and the bag itself, into the laptop bag"

Yep, and then when you go through security you have to take the laptop back out of the bag.........

You are right, it's irritating and for jobsworths Liverpool can be pretty well world class sometimes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm ... so now most airlines operate a policy of "revenue enhancement" from hold luggage yet clearly don't have enough storage space on board for every passenger to carry their hand luggage allowance. Should we expect a reduction of hand luggage on "safety grounds" wink ? I'm off to design a coat with big poacher pockets, see you on Dragon's Den.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob wrote:
I'm off to design a coat with big poacher pockets, see you on Dragon's Den.

Don't bother - I'm sure a similar item already exists and was linked to in another recent thread on baggage etc
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I came back through Lyon last year with my DSLR in a holster type bag clipped to my belt as it was classed as a 2nd piece of hand luggage and there wasn't room for it in my hand luggage.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have no issue with whatever policy they come up with, its their call, and at the end of the day you don't have to fly with them.

What really grates is as mentioned by others the inconsistency with which the rules are applied.
snow report
Does anyone know if you can take a portable BBQ and a bag of charcoal as hand luggage Twisted Evil
snow report
Sourgraping, Only if it's not self igniting charcoal!
ski holidays
Can you still take ski boots on as hand luggage ? Certainly a lot smaller in their bag than a lot of other holdalls ppl squeeze on ? Or will Easyjet insist in us paying for equipment costs (no skis, just boots) ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy