Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I go Schizo or not???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was on the look out for some all mountain ski's to replace my two old pairs that would handle the park, piste and off piste and have ended up with some Rossignol S3 Koopmans (mainly because I couldn't resist the ridiculous price I got them for). They are brand new without bindings so I need to sort something on that front, I like Marker so probably looking at the Griffon or Jester, but would like people's opinions on whether you think its worth paying the extra to get the Schizo version?

Without doubt the option to move my mountings will be useful, but my main concern would be durability/trustworthiness of the Schizo binding, and also if there is much extra weight or effect on the ski performance over the regular option?

In terms of how I spend my time skiing - if there's good powder I will spend all my time off piste, obviously this only happens fairly infrequently so when there's no powder I spend my time 50/50 park/piste. I tend to like my bindings cranked up quite high in all situations.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Treacle, have you considered mounting them in your park and trad positions with the 'pudderludder' inserts, that way you can move the position without the extra weight. Its also easier to drop off the bindings completely for transport, good if your moving multiple sets of planks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, Yeah I had thought about that as it would be the best of both worlds, do you know anywhere in the UK that can install inserts?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Treacle, are you in two minds about it then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Treacle wrote:
....do you know anywhere in the UK that can install inserts?

no idea

wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK I think that's made up my mind, I will go with the regular bindings and use the money saved to pay for a set of inserts to be installed for both positions. Then if I do another season and decide I want some full on off piste planks to go with my S3's I can get inserts in those and save money on buying another set of bindings Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy