Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What ski bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Good day all,

I'm looking for a ski bag for going through the airports.

I have a pair of 172cm Atomic Smike Ti's for what it's worth. Open to either single or double (my gf hasn't bought skis yet but will get them at the end of the season).

So, what should I look for? Wasn't bothered about wheels - agreed? Thought padding was worthwhile - agreed?

Was looking at this K2 padded double bag - what do you think?

http://www.lockwoods.com/ski-luggage/ski-bags/k2-deluxe-double-ski-bag/prod_3531.html

Or the cheapie single bag:

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Rossignol_BASIC_Ski_Bag_175cm_or_210cm_Black-%2819823%29.aspx

Any thoughts most welome!

cheers,

Andy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 15-12-10 23:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andythejock, I've done a fair amount of travelling about solo and wheels are essential for me, they make life a lot easier going between terminals or getting on and off trains etc. If your OH is getting skis too you want something along the lines of the Dakine Concourse Double which is available in the 185cm length. I have the Fall line double (wheeled) and it has been great.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andythejock, I just bought this one http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Big_Air_Double_Ski_Bag.html

Not used it in anger yet but got it as I'm flying BA in a couple of weeks and I wanted a bag that would hold my skis and clothes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, good price but I don't think I would have the energy to carry it about after a long flight/journey especially if it had everything in it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I'd got for an unpadded single bag.

The advantage is that they can normally still be put on car ski holders or fitted into bus ski holders, etc.

Got a cheapy Tresspass one. Got it for about £10 in a sale.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get the biggest one you can find, then you can stuff it full with clothes etc to make your luggage alowances go further. Other than that, get the cheapest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wheels are good!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, I already have a Dakine split roller 100 litre bag, so I don't need lots of clothes space in the ski bag.

So is the consenus "pro wheels"?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wheels on a ski bag !?!

Clearly not man enough to carry you're own skis NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snow_muncher, all 3 pairs? Definitely not Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ exactly Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snow_muncher wrote:
Wheels on a ski bag !?!

Clearly not man enough to carry you're own skis NehNeh

clearly not man enough to carry your wife's/gf's/kid's skis as well as your own...

you probably carry your blades in a sainsbury's bag-for-life..... NehNeh Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gotta go with wheels snowandrock's is awesome
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Andythejock, I have a brand new one of these if you want it? £15 delivered?

It's navy blue rather than the royal blue shown in the pic and is padded around the binding area. Just tried my Head Supershape 177s in there and they fit well, I think a second pair would be a squeeze but maybe possible with carefull packing......

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought a Volkl double wheeled bag a couple of years ago and have been really pleased with it, it wasn't very expensive either. A least once a year I travel by plane and train with my daughter and there is no way I'd manage my general luggage plus skis (2 pairs) without a wheeled bag.
ski holidays
I've got a Lokker www.lokker.co.uk it's a really well made bag, but looking at the website specs for the one I've got I wonder if it still long enough for my new set of skis - I think I need to go and have a measure up!
ski holidays
Have you looked at the weight of the wheeled bags? By the time you add the skis and boots, there's no weight allowance left for anything else. Go for the lightweight non wheeled, and pack it full of your week's kit, so you don't have to pay for an extra bag on Easy Jet
snow report
Chamcham, I've got a double HEAD wheeled ski bag, it's probably the lightest ski bag I've ever had.
latest report
Went with Roger's White Rock bag for !5 quid. Can spend more at a later date but I can't afford much more before the trip to Tignes in February!

Cheers for all the responses.

Andy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy