Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

acromioclavicular joint separation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a silly fall at the Snowhead bash on the 11th Dec landed hard on my shoulder, thought I should have it checked out and it looks like a acromioclavicular joint separation, got to go back to hospital this week again for more tests.

However, apparently I have adnormal acromioclavicular joints Puzzled Puzzled (wider than normal gap) I can put up with the pain and the rehab, but was wondering if any of you medics out there, could enlighten me as to why I would have adnormal AC joint in the first place.

The only thing I can think of is that I did a huge amount of extreme canoeing back in my mid teens to early 20's??? which I guess would put alot of strain on all the joints in the shoulder.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi livetoski,
Generally speaking in the UK, orthopods are disinclined to do anything about AC joint (that's what they shorten it to) separation unless the joint is complelety disrupted, as the results of surgery are no better than leaving it alone - you may be left with a "step" at the AC joint but the shoulder will ultimately function fine.

No idea about the canoe-ing history and wide gap though, sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Freddie - thanks for the info above, is it just a case of rebuild with weights and exercise to strengthen around the joint? after an AC separation, would it be likely to be weak for the foreseeable future?

just that I did mine about 7 wks ago playing rugby, and still not in good enough shape to do dips on (nearest exercise to replicating the injury circumstance I can think of).

obviously, any advice, opinions or otherwise that may be offered are taken entirely as opinion and no accountability, etc will be assumed...

Cheers,

Pete
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
efcbluepete, OOCH 7 weeks, I am hoping that my old bones do not take that long I got alot of skiing to do this season Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi livetoski - yeah - is ok for press-ups, lateral work, flies, etc but just cannot get past 1 dip without loads of pain, and therefore i assume i will suffer if i try to stop myself from falling when skiing. workign hard on the rehab in time for Feb (and to try to get a few games of rugby in before), but also suffered an ankle sprain as i started my rehab - not been a lucky autumn/winter for me so far!

just a case of build as best as possible around, I guess and hope to get enough strength to get past the falls without too much pain.

good luck with your rehab,

Pete
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
efcbluepete, livetoski, most of the improvement occurs in the first THREE MONTHS - sorry it's not a quick process Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Freddie Paellahead, thanks for the advice, I liked your first posting more than ^^ efcbluepete,
Quote:

press-ups, lateral work, flies, etc

Using the computer keyboard is bad enough Sad Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski, Mine's been separated for 13 years, you do get used to it and if you work at it you won't have any exercise problems, However as I age it is becoming slightly more painful.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I seperated mine in April of one year, and after not resting it (and getting drunk and pulling it out of my sling and re-injuring on more than one occasion), I would say it started to feel "normal" again in maybe July or August. I would say rest and rehab and you are looking at a few months of recovery. What level separation was it, if they even classify like that over here?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pretty sure this is what I had after a drunken sledging accident a few years ago. Tthe french doctor initially diagnosed it as a sprain. It was only 6 weeks later, when it was still bothering me more than the broken arm I suffered at the same time, that I decided to go get it x-rayed. It was then described to me as a partial dislocation of the AC joint. They just gave me a new sling and told me to rest it.

There was no mention of it staying seperated or that it might give me any future problems and it doesn't. I do a lot of weights and don't remember ever feeling a twinge or aything in that shoulder. I think it was around the 3 month mark before I could put any real pressure on it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy