Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good example of why I chose the brand of back pack I have

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not least because my good mate a ski guide and his wife swear by them - though that was the main reason why I bought one as I was so impressed with them.

I bought the Osprey Atmos 25 back in December 2008 as an all round pack for skiing and day touring - only issue was that on one ascent we had to pack the skis and hike up and the pack is not designed to carry skis, but nothing a few straps can't sort out!

However it's a brilliant pack for both on and off the Mountain

The pack is ultralight with a great air space at the back see reviews http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/reviews/packs/daysacks/osprey-packs-atmos-25/36557.html .

Anyway some one on here recently asked about a pack for ski touring and I didn't bother chipping in as I'd just noticed that my pack had a slight problem where the frame had rubbed away at the internal material causing a hole - so I thought I could not sing its praises as in essence it is a light weight pack, and maybe not quite right (tough enough) for the job of a ski back pack, though many of the guides I know use Osprey!

However later on was looking through the paperwork that came with the pack and noticed the Life Time Warranty Claim - so on Monday I sent the pack off to Osprey Europe in Poole after a brief conversation and today had the following response........now that's what I call service and Osprey's belief in their products

Hi Gavin,

I received your Atmos 25 today.

I have posted a new pack straight back out to make sure you get it back before the Christmas mayhem.

I've sent you a graphite grey one because it's all we have left.

But between you and I it's the best colour anyway.

I hope your new pack will give you many years of good service.

Kind Regards and a Merry Christmas.

Mark Parry

Warranty Manager

Osprey Europe Ltd

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 15-12-10 14:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well, i have an osprey pack, and it's been great so far and hasn't fallen apart... long may it last!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just bought an Osprey Kode 22. Hopefully I will never have to use there customer service but it is comforting to know it is so good!

Really looking forward to getting the bag out on the slopes to try it out! (though if it is as nice as I hope I won't give it a second thought and will just be enjoying the skiing Smile)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not Osprey, but great customer service.

I bought a North Face Base Camp Roller ski bag last year and when I looked at it last week in preparation for a trip this week I noticed it was ripped. I've had a variety of TNF duffel bags over the years and still haven't worn one out with use so I bobbed down to the local TNF store and explained that I thought it should do more than 5 trips. They immediately offered to send it back to North Face and said they would probably replace it. I was pleased with the response, but as we are going on hols this week I asked them if they would be happy to take a picture and i'd gaffer tape it up for this trip. They then replaced it in store.

Fantastic customer service and and like Osprey it deserves to be recognised.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice. And now that I have clicked onto the website it is another one to look at for bike stuff...arghhhh...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Came yesterday - and it's a better model than the one I previously had !

And they've beefed up the area where mine had a problem - nice bag and soooooooooooooooooooooooo light!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy