Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Natural Catastrophe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking at renewal of my annual travel insurance and note that I have the option to add natural catastrophe cover for an additional £20.

Strikes me that although a number of insurers will have been caught paying out on the volcano last year there is a certain amount of profiteering going on with premiums that are well in excess of the pro-rata incremental risk for what is a pretty low likelihood event. Are insurers looking at this type of thing as a profit opportunity given how fresh volcano etc is in everyone's mind?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob wrote:
Are insurers looking at this type of thing as a profit opportunity given how fresh volcano etc is in everyone's mind?

perish the thought!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Insurers looking at a past event as a profit making opportunity? Never!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It would be quite tricky for them to prove that the dust clouds were a natural catastrophe. Lava falling on your house fair enough, but the clouds are just a localised increase in the dust levels that planes were unable to deal with, not really a catastrophe. They would find a way though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah ok maybe naively worded given the generally philanthropic nature of the insurance industry but stood out as a rip off among the otherwise relatively competitive quote wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some clever insurer should make an insurer insurance, so that if an insurer tries to screw you, you are insured.

wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
Strikes me that although a number of insurers will have been caught paying out on the volcano last year...
But they didn't because, in the majority of cases, it wasn't covered. It was the airlines and tour operators who paid out. Airlines in particular were (and still are) responsible for paying your reasonable expenses incurred in getting home and I believe they are still handling claims. Really it's the carrier that needs the insurance in my opinion.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, I thought a number of insurers decided to allow claims where transport providers had failed to come through mainly for PR purposes. Agree though that its the airlines' problem. (I note I can also pay an extra premium for scheduled airline failure - surely this is what I also pay for in every ticket I buy wink )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tiffin wrote:
Some clever insurer should make an insurer insurance, so that if an insurer tries to screw you, you are insured.

wink

You can't insure against certainties. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy