Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ok - its a long way off, but do we hold out for an easter deal?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have to make a decision soon about whether we stick to our planned March hols which is expensive - or hold out for a deal at Easter, which I know is late this year - but there could be some bargains around and it may suit us better time wise.....

anyone got any experience with this gamble in previous years and also any ideas of what resorts would be good at that time of year (crystal balls please !) - assuming high altitude Alps or NAmerica?

thanks a bunch
H Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always ski at Easter & we always book inside 2 weeks of going to France, Austria or Italy, tour operated 1/2 board, usually chalet.

Our group size is from 5 to 8 and there's always been lots of choice & the random nature of what's available / choosing where against snow conditions etc, departure airport for people scattered all over the UK and then weighing up versus our wallets is part of the late booking thing.

Paid no more than £550 per week yet & had some real bargains, not least of which was a brilliantly run chalet on the snowfront in Courchevel 1850 3 years ago at £299 each. We don't expect that every year though. Toofy Grin

Good luck with your decision.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only problem this year if you are looking at the scholl hols is that the schools break latrer this year, if you need to head high, choice may be limited. I may take kids out 2 days early (ie first week of APril ) to get away.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
helsabelsa, Easter is 24th April this year - that's as late as it can possibly be and many resorts will be shut / limited / winding down.

Stick with your usual March holiday, the Easter version will mean 80% of the cost for 20% of the pleasure

(that said, if you must, Cervinia is an option. I've been there mid April and there was a 2 hour window of decent skiing between the ice and the slush)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
helsabelsa, why not hold out for a deal in March? We're in a recession. I suspect there will be deals to be had this year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes. I'm planning to do a late March trip and I'll be waiting until much nearer the time to book. There are always late deals, I suspect there will be more this season than the average.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
helsabelsa, stick with march but look for a deal, we don't book more than three weeks in advance sometimes 3 days, you have to be flexible on where you want to go.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

stick with march but look for a deal, we don't book more than three weeks in advance sometimes 3 days, you have to be flexible on where you want to go.

+1
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we've skied at Easter for the last 4 years (family of 4) and always found good snow (plus some nice sunshine) Les Arcs, Courcheval 1850, La Tania (which was getting iffy towards endo the week at resort but fine once up) and last year in Risoul. We're going back to Risoul this year, snow was great last year with fresh powder for a few days. we've tagged an extra week on at Megeve which we know is low but we'll have a car so can travel to other towns if necessary.
The bottom line for us is that it is always possible to get good deals (usually self catering through Erna Low) and we're prepared to take the risk when for us the alternative with kids is to go at hal-term which by all accounts is a nightmare and v expensive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
philipb wrote:
we've skied at Easter for the last 4 years (family of 4) and always found good snow ... We're going back to Risoul this year, snow was great last year with fresh powder for a few days. we've tagged an extra week on at Megeve which we know is low but we'll have a car so can travel to other towns if necessary.

If you mean you're going to Risoul Easter week (Apr 23-30th) and then Megeve the week after (May 1st to 8th) then you will need your hiking boots for the second week as skiing will have finished long before then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are you actaully going at Easter or when the schools break ? Surrey schools for example break on 8th April. We are going to Zermatt and have just booked. Didn't have the confidence to leave nearer the time but that's just my decision
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

we've tagged an extra week on at Megeve which we know is low but we'll have a car so can travel to other towns if necessary.

It'd be a bit of a hike. Les Contamines would be a bit better, I suppose, otherwise the Grand Montets.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27,

no, we're not quite that dumb! Megeve 9th, Risoul 16th. Leaving Risoul on Easter Monday (last day of season there)

pam w, we're allready booked with Simon Butler, know it's a bit of a risk but sure we'll find some snow. Thinking of taking the mtb as well just in case though!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philipb, what's the end of the season in Megeve then?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the 16th I believe although we have been warned that some sectors may close before then if snow not good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy