Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crow Navis - 2009/10 vs 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey - wondering if anyone out there can help me, i just tried a pair of the 2009/10 skis and wanted to buy a pair - has anyone had any experience with the 2010/11 ones as they've been rebranded from "back country" to "free style back country"... Length looks like it's the same and i'm not so concerned about the name, as long as you can shred the mountain in the same way Happy

Thanks
Richard

2 days unitl i last skied Sad
56 days until i ski again Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nouveautés Skis Black Crows 2011 - skieur.com from Skieur Magazine
http://vimeo.com/9297446

Softer. Mounting point moved forwards.

I've never even flexed a pair so I have no idea what this has done to the ski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you liked old navis then maybe you should try this years' corvus. I'm on 2009 navis and I love them and the corvus seems to have taken over in the shorter lengths.

I think black crows have just taken the opportunity to pump out more lines. I thought the 196 corvus was originally just a longer 186 navis. J
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Funny - that's almost exactly what I thought. I've asked the company what the changes are (as i don't think that i'm going to be able to try them!) but what they describe the Corvus for is more my style of skiing!! The Corvus seems to be a little fatter than last year's Navis (fine!) but i don't have the dimensions of last year's Navis's to check against!!

Sadly i'm not going to be able to try them as i'm going to have them shipped to the UK as no one sells them over here...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Corvus 186 is 2mm wider at each point. Sounds like the ski for you. Want to ski them back to back before Christmas. Not sure what BCs are up to.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have actually just spoken to BC - the Navis is a better all mountain ski and it's just a little softer than last year's model (ie should be a little more manouverable) - the Corvus is a lot stiffer (stiffer than the '09 Navis) and as such is more of a pow ski...

Let me know how your back to back test goes. I'm more in favour of a slightly softer ski as i perfer that extra manouverability!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy