Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

coolboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At the ski show this year my friend had a go on a coolboard, the guy at the stall said it helps strengthen your knees, does anyone have any experience with one?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been using one for over a year and find it v good. It certainly helps with balance and core strength and feels like it's working a lot of muscles when you are balancing - I've built up to 10 mins balancing and can feel that a lot of stabilising muscles are coming into force. It's also quite good to do some of the suggested exercises uyou can download off the site. Not sure in what way it specifically helps the knees.
Would recommend, looks quite nice as well!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
also available

Indo board

and

vew do
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys, been checking out indo and vew do and also scrub which is half the price! What’s really tempting me about the coolboard is it goes in all directions not just foot to foot. Although I’m a bit worried I won’t get the hang of it, looks a bit tricky, philipb - did it take you long to get used to it?

And which do people prefer, the board on a ball or roller?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daehwons, you forgot bit of wood and 2 litre coke bottle.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool Board ! 100 quid for a plank of wood, and a ball. I'm in the wrong business.

Never tried the ball. Friend of mine had the vew do balance board. Good fun for a brief while but a bit easy after a short while. More mileage in the ball I guess. I thought it would be good to stand in front of the box, but it doesn't work that well on deeper carpets. No good for your shag pile so to speak.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gazzza wrote:
Cool Board ! 100 quid for a plank of wood, and a ball. I'm in the wrong business.

true....

as swirly said.... bit of wood and a coke bottle

make sure its filled with just water though and completly full and no air..... check often for signs of impending failure
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jessadams, didn't take too long to get used to, and it's quite satisfying to master it. I only use the pumped up basketball, haven't done it on the 'pro-balls' w2hihc did seem fairly pricey at £70. Think the board itself is good value though, for me the simplicity is it's appeal - I've found it useful anyway
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been tempted to get one of these for a while, even more so now I've got a broken ankle as (once the cast's off and I'm weight bearing) it should help strengthen my weakened muscles. Wouldn't shell that much out for one tho, got an old football knocking around here at home and can easily get my hands on a plank of wood or old skateboard deck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy