Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight coach journey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys & gals... A couple of friends and I have just booked to travel ovenight by coach to the French Alps this weekend and, as it's the first time any of us have been on a long distance coach trip, I was wondering whether any of you have any advice for the journey?

Things I'm thinking about are: Do the coaches tend to be rawcus or fairly quiet affairs? Is there much leg room (I'm 6' 4"!!) in the basic seats? Is it a good plan / good form to knock back a couple of beers? Etc, etc...

Any assistance you can offer will be greatfully received!

Dan Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
danmcc12, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

There have been a few discussions like this fairly regularly.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1599918
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1626880
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hey before you tank up on beers check that the bus has on-board toilet facilities!! In my experience most people sleep so its quiet enough. I'm over 6ft and yes leg room can be tight but not unbearable.
Good luck,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always just stay in your seat and refill your empties. Hey-presto! You've invented an exciting high-stakes version of target-diving. Keeping your cans upright for the last push up the pot-holed hairpin goat track ensures the fun doesn't end until the moment you get off the bus.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
danmcc12 wrote:
Hi guys & gals... A couple of friends and I have just booked to travel ovenight by coach to the French Alps this weekend and, as it's the first time any of us have been on a long distance coach trip, I was wondering whether any of you have any advice for the journey?....

Don't do it. Book more travel even if you can't get a refund on the coach tickets. Unless you like having a numb bum. For hours.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
danmcc12, Long time since I've done the coach but trick used to be get on first and nab seats upstairs at the front for extra legroom and a far less claustrophobic trip. If there are two of you leave one to deal with luggage while the other grabs the seats!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its not as bad as people make it out to be, mind you the last two times i've done it I've been smashed by the time we reached dover and passed out not long after leaving calais. On the way back though when noone wants to drink I find I can't get to sleep at all and that isn't fun
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There seems to be age, guessing around 30, when coach travel just becomes unbearable. I used to do it, and survived fine, but nowadays? I'd just drive.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there are very very few advantages of being under 5ft 7"

PLanes and coaches are one of them - Wink

I went with Ski Weekends in one of their "luxury"/"extra" coaches which have more legroom and tilt back a good way - was reasonably comfortable but not wonderful

Worth it though for the exrta skiing squeezed in

Coach was quiet once it got past 11ish
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
quiet depends who you go with il be traveling on the 1st of january on a bus to the alps and well i carnt wate the holiday starts to moment im on the coach beers are out and with 20 or so of my mates il love it they might not be so happy wen it get past 10 and im still wide awake, and if u do get bord well iphones at the ready with a few choice movies you carnt go wrong imho Smile oh and im 6ft2 no real problem aslong as the person infront doesnt lean the seat right back
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

with 20 or so of my mates il love it

but will everybody else on the bus love it?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the guys im going with will do and im sure the others wont mind aslong as they dont mind starting the party early
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've done quite a few overnight coaches and was always rather glad that people wanted to get their heads down and try to have a few hours sleep. But that was with snowcoach, there were quite a few families and generally people seemed to want to arrive in a state to get a good few hours skiing in. There weren't any hooligans. wink I've done overnight trains also, and there too people wanted to sleep. But I deliberately avoided the infamous TO train with the disco carriages. Shocked Just old and boring I guess. We shared a 6 berth sleeper compartment with 4 young Italian lads - we all said a polite goodnight then got our heads down.

If somebody had been determined to inflict their party on me at 1 am I'd have made sure my kids were in maximum noise mode come about 6 am. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boogwa wrote:
quiet depends who you go with il be traveling on the 1st of january on a bus to the alps and well i carnt wate the holiday starts to moment im on the coach beers are out and with 20 or so of my mates il love it they might not be so happy wen it get past 10 and im still wide awake, and if u do get bord well iphones at the ready with a few choice movies you carnt go wrong imho Smile oh and im 6ft2 no real problem aslong as the person infront doesnt lean the seat right back

Not that I needed any reassurance to never take a coach again...

I love that there is one punctuation mark in this post and it is somewhere that there shouldn't be one. If English is not your first language please accept my apologies.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all your replies guys & gals, suggestions taken on board!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy