Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm afraid that it's about boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, it's my first post so please be gentle wink I'm coming over to the UK before Christmas and will be looking to buying some new boots, had enough of painful rentals, so I'm looking for some hints/advice from you good people.
Firstly is it better to buy before Xmas, stores clearing last years stock, or wait for the Jan sales, stores having erm Jan sales.
Secondly can you recommend a good boot fitter in East Anglia or Hertfordshire'ish area's as I have 'foot issues', think of a knock-knee'd Daffy Duck and your getting warm Very Happy
I'm new to skiing so expensive high end stuff is wasted on me, in other words I'm cheap!
Thanks
Woodie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

stores having erm Jan sales.

ski boot shops tend not to have January sales. wink If you have problematical feet/stance issues you need to see someone really good. A lot of us here swear by Colin at Solutions for Feet. http://solutions4feet.co.uk

Worth the slight detour.

and welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowheads. Very Happy
Another vote for snowheads' CEM, who runs Solutions4Feet based in Bicester. Really knows what he's doing and gives good, honest advice. So much so that when I last needed boots, he felt the boots in stock were not best suited for me. He then rang up another shop, and arranged for me to be seen and fitted by a specific individual. So no sale for CEM that time, but a very impressed customer. Whilst you are there get yourself some trainers if you need them - he'll make sure you get exactly what you need.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 12-12-10 11:54; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've usually waited for the sales (which come in March for ski gear)... and that explains why I have not managed to replace my ancient boots for about 4 seasons now...

Buy them early in the season when the selection is good is my advice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm amother adocate of CEM - I'm going back there next week to get some boots fitted after seeing him last month!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sah wrote:
Buy them early in the season when the selection is good is my advice.

Good advice. Buy skis and skiwear in end of season sales when you might find a bargain. By boots at the start of the season when the shop has the widest range of sizes and boot shapes available.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree sales are in March/April, not Jan, so buy now imo. To add some variety to the suggestions wink Skee-tex may be close to the area you are looking for and while not of CEM's expert standing, they have done well by me and a couple of similarly troublesome footed friends. http://www.skee-tex.co.uk/ aj xx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for CEM. He know what he's doing and won't sell you anything untill he's sure it fits perfectly Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
woodieinaus, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
Another recommendation for buying now - one thing people haven't mentioned is that VAT increases from the current 17.5% to 20% as from Jan 4th 2011, so I'd buy before the increase comes in (unless you prefer to make a contribution to the Chancellor in his efforts to tackle the National deficit! Toofy Grin ).
Also another recommendation for CEM.

PS Is the "aus" in your username for Austria or Australia? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the recomendations and advice, looks like Santa won't be the only one wearing boots at Xmas wink I'm in the land of Skippy so I'll be bringing plenty of thermals with me. It's been quite entertaining watching the kids pack their cases, then having to explain that they may find shorts and tee-shirts a bit unpleasant in Jan snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy