Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

leki trigger system poles especially trigger s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been given some very nice leki venom adjustable carbon poles, but they don't have any straps

having never used the trigger system, there seems to be trigger 1 and trigger s

er .......whats the difference and i just want a strap so i can use the things Puzzled

after looking at the leki site these are trigger s

anyone used them, if so whats the best strap to get?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carroz,

Trigger S is the newer design where the pole clips into a small nylon loop which is either on the strap or built into the glove.

Presume this is the pole you have?

http://www.leki.com/skiing/skiingPole.php?pID=144

If you zoom in you can see the strap and the loop. The strap simply fits over your glove and is velcro fastened. It is very easy to use to clip the pole on and off. The old trigger one system was a bit more tricky to re-clip.

The only downside to the strap is that you have to loosen the velcro of it as well as your glove when you want to take your gloves off. As far as I know there is only one design of strap that comes in different colours to match the poles

I use the Leki gloves instead which are very good quality and make the best use of the trigger S system.

http://www.leki.com/skiing/gloves.php
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robboj, yes thats the pole, different colour grip, (no window thing in it) but same model (i assume last years version), I have hestra gloves, so it will have to be the strap....unless i can persuade other half that new gloves are required....

I don't think I would have purchased them myself at that price.......take them with me into restaurant perhaps?

Thanks for the description, makes sense now
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carroz, AFAIK the strap comes with the pole when you buy it, maybe you can get the strap as a spare from Leki? Otherwise you will have to get the gloves for compatibility with the pole. There was a recent discussion on the Leki trigger poles, I bought some for my son, thought they were fab and was going to get some myself, however after only a couple of uses he found them difficult, kept jamming (freezing?) up, and he gave up. Seems other snowHead s have had trouble with them too. Here's the thread, Leki bit starts half way down page 3 http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65940&highlight=leki+trigger&start=80
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, sarah,AFAIK the freezing up problem was with the the Trigger One poles as when you got snow in the socket you had a hard time to get it out again?

Cant see how this would happen with Trigger S as you could clear them more easily?

I've had Trigger S's for three seasons, always ski in January and never had a problem?

carroz, I've seen the straps for sale individually so should not be a problem.

Gloves are good though and there's still time to write to Santa?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, no they were Drifter Vario S junior poles and this was in a fridge too so not excessively cold. He couldn't press the trigger and neither could the adults trying to help him. Within a few minutes of being in normal room temp they had freed up. Faulty pair perhaps but others have described similar problems.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, Thanks for the link and experience, Have read the other thread, gives food for thought, but as they were free i will give them a try as my current poles seem a tiny bit long so messing with the length may show a benefit.robboj, Thanks for the advice, will be giving them a try (if i can find the straps in france) Will report back on how i get on. If not well, ebay seems to get silly prices for carbon things, and these poles are a very silly price new.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, Hmm, I wonder if this window thing is more than just a gimmick? Mine were bought in Dec 2007 and don't have it. Maybe they have changed the mechanism in some way for the worse, in terms of it sticking?

carroz, When are you going to France? I know for a fact the straps are available in Austria and I'm out there from 15-29 Jan. Will get you some and we'll work out a way to reimburse me if it suits?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robboj, the junior ones don't have a window either. It's such a great idea, I was so enthusiastic and was going to get myself a pair. I haven't returned them yet, I did speak to S&R about it and they acknowledged the problem and had heard it before. I might let him try them whilst we are away, then again if they are freezing/sticking in a fridge I'm not sure.

carroz, all the best with them!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah, Definitely sound faulty to me? I've used them in much colder and snowier and never had a problem? My wife has used my old Trigger Ones for a couple of years and only had the problem I mentioned above, I bought her and my niece Trigger S's last year and they had no problems either.

Take them back or, if you feel happy to, then open the handle up and put some WD40 on a cotton bud and apply to the mechanism. You could also try some door lock lubricant if you have it/can get it? I had to apply some to my doors this week when they were freezing up and sticking.

Either way, I would persevere, IME they are great and very simple to use.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carroz, Price!! Shocked Taking them into the restaurant certainly seems a good idea!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robboj, Thank you for the kind offer, I am going tomorrow!, so will have to see what i can find

Megamum, Yes the price is a bit scary, so it will be lunch with my new friends...my poles!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robboj, OK I will get the OH to try to lube them and then let jnr try them again. If that fails they can go back to the shop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy