Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pennine Powder - loosing my English cherry...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My first visit to Yad Moss, and my first time on skis in England!

I didn't get off quite as early as I hoped, but was on the slopes by 11am a very nice drive up from Leeds, but still a fair bit of snow on the road in places where it had blown in. Parking looked pretty full, but managed to find a space.

Up to the tow and I was very pleasantly surprised by how long it was and how much variety of runs there were there. The snow was excellent on piste and where a few skiers had been.

It was bitterly cold, but the snow was in fantastic condition, real Alpine squeaky snow. There is the odd bare bit with some grass sticking through and I did hit a rock off piste!

The sun was blazing, the queues were fairly long but all very friendly and had some nice chats to pass the time!

However the runs never really seemed busy at all

Just as I was thinking of leaving I spied 3 of the volunteers (hello Peter!) heading off and followed their tracks finding some lovely fresh snow to ski in!

So I just had to go back and do it again as the sun set...

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Some great shots - must get up there this season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wow, great photos and looks like a great way to spend a wednesday Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now I feel stoopid. i really wish I'd come up with you.

However, I'll console myself with the fact there was no way I could have sneaked off work today - too busy in the pre-Xmas run in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, looks great Very Happy Nice piccies, thanks for posting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, sounds like a very worthwhile day. Looks terrific. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
High Kitenski, welcome to the slightly surreal world of English skiing.

You did pick a particularly good day by the look of it, the sun doesn't always shine at Yad Moss !

BTW it wasn't this particular Peter, but glad you had a great day. I'll find that rock and give it a damn good hiding. Thought that I'd found them all over the last 30 yrs Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter S, yes it was good, I said "are you peter" to a chap in a purple coat with a volunteer arm band and he said he was, I wondered why he looked confused when I mentioned snowheads Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy