Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria/Germany This Weekend:Where to Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying to Munich early doors on Saturday - car hire sorted and skiing Sat pm, Sun and Mon.

The question is, with dozens of resorts at our disposal, where should we ski? The weather doesn't look too clever at this stage - possibly snowy - so where is recommended for decent snow at the moment and plenty of tree runs for shelter/visibility?

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, Jump on a train to anywhere in the Salzburger Superski area - Altenmarkt in Pongau will set you up for Flachau, Zauchensee, Schladming, etc and no worries about whether your hire car has winter tyres or if the autobahns are going to snarl up due to heavy snowfall! Laughing

I was skiing in Flachau and Zauchensee last week in super snow conditions and loads of tree-line skiing right down to the valley floors. weather was a wee bit iffy both days but never mind - lots of bluebird days in the forthcoming weeks no doubt!

In upper Bavaria and the Allgäu right now we have rapid melt due to a really strong Föhn influence - I've just been out to lunch and the temperature reading in my car was+11.3°C

It is due to crash temperature-wise here tonight and snow steadily from Thursday through to Saturday. How much lies in the hands of the Gods. Just across the border it could be considerably more. Here's hoping cos i want to ski on Friday and Sunday! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samerberg Sue

Thanks for that. Flachau & Zauchensee could well fit the bill as we've never skied ther and are always after somewhere new to try. On the travel front, the hire car is booked so we'll be sticking with that - it will also make finding digs a bit easier.

Which is the first main area we'd come to from Munich? And where's a nice village/town for a birthday stay/night out?

Cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict, You might as well try my village if you are set on stopping, but I'd push on and stay nearer the Ski Amade if I were in your shoes. I know my way around and can get from A to B quite quickly despite any traffic hang ups. You are stuck on the main drags unfortunately.

If you want a nice hotel and super food - try here

http://www.hotel-post-samerberg.de/

Send me a PM if you do want to stopover and I'll sort things out for you if you tell me what you need. We are 4kms off the main 8 Munich-Salzburg autobahn

Sue
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue

Your assistance offers are very kind - but I think we'll be going straight to a ski area. We arrive early enough to ski Saturday pm so will no doubt just play it by ear and make it up as we go along.

Cheers! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, thats how I read your first post. I was not sure what you were wanting.

Drive directly to Radstadt and book into Flangesax's place. They are offering Ski Safaris to as many of the resorts included on the Salzburger Superski pass as you want. That is real ski in ski out, but to their VW bus Laughing Mind you with the snow we are having right now and forecast to continue through to the middle of next week, ski in-ski out is offered just about everywhere, even Munich Airport! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy