Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Empirical Evidence: SNOWHEADS IS THRIVING!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick thread to congratulate Snowheads, and it's members, for the level of activity here, and the interest displayed by its members to improve their skiing. When I first came here a few years ago, Epicski was swamped with participation on the Instructional Forum, but the interest in that aspect of skiing here on Snowheads seemed less. Topics and discussions on Epic were massive. Conversely, the activity in the instructional forums on Snowheads was significantly less, and much of what was happening here was debate as to whether ski instruction even carried any value.

Jump ahead a few years. The picture has reversed. The debate as to the value of practicing and learning seems to have been resolved here, and the level of activity has ratcheted up. New topics arise all the time, many participants get involved in the discussions, sincere question and answer sessions take place constantly, and people are gaining from the exchanges.

On the other side of the pond the opposite is happening. The amount of discussion happening at Epic has for some time been diminishing. The same few players dominate most of the topics that arise, and the discussions look more like battles than open minded exchanges. Egos talking, few people listening, and little learning going on. Many of the more knowledgeable posters have grown weary of it all, and have wandered off.

As an example, I posted the same "Warm-Up Routines" article on Epic and Snowheads yesterday. Epic so far has 31 views, and no responses. Snowheads already has going on 200 views, and discussions have already broken out about it. The contrast really struck me, so I just wanted to post a thumbs up thread here, to commend the entire community on what's happening here. I'm so impressed by the level of interest, the amount of participation, and the generally good natured tone of interaction that takes place here. Well done, all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thats nice but what about parallel shins wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, wait for the WC pics Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FastMan, coming from your hand that is praise indeed - I like to think we're thriving and I have all sorts of numbers that help convince me that's so (last week was technically our busiest ever) but an enthusiastic endorsement by an informed impartial observer such as yourself is most gratifying (and reassuring).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy